Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S  (Read 1401 times)

Offline 2wrdr

• Apprentice/Gofer
BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S
« on: September 26, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »
Anyone tried these?  I put a set on a month ago but haven't been anywhere where I can really test them.  I am going to the Smokey Mountains in a couple weeks where they will definitely get tested.  Just wandering if anyone else has used these so I kind of know what to expect.  Here's a video review of them but you never know how biased some of these videos are.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PO14EX2NQ

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:06 AM »
I put some of those on my 2006 Pontiac GTO. That was about 3 months ago, so I don't have a lot of ownership experience with them (yet). Initially I'm very impressed. The grip in the dry, and the wet, has been better than I had expected. Also, road noise is lower than I expected. I have no experience in the cold, or ice/snow. The tires are XL rated, so they have stiff sidewalls. That gives them a firm ride, but also great steering response. When my wife's Solstice (GXPsy) needs tires, which will be soon, I plan on getting 4 of them for it.

Hope this helps.

Rogue
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
Re: BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
I avoid the all season tires as they take a hit on performance (but if you live in colder areas, the summer tires don't work as well at lower temps, so it is a trade off).

I just ordered a set of g-Force Sport COMP-2 for my BMW,,  though, based on many reviews and am hoping they will turn out well.  They are also around $400 less than a set of Michelin PSS like I have on my Solstice!
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC