Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: GROUP BUY - ENERGY SUSPENSION BUSHINGS Control Arms & Differential  (Read 2519 times)

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
GROUP BUY - ENERGY SUSPENSION BUSHINGS

Who is interested in Energy Suspension bushings? Currently the control arms (front & rear) and differential bushings are no longer available. There is ZERO inventory of either of these three sets.

Energy Suspension is willing to make a run for us, but it requires 40 (FORTY) orders to do. I'm trying to collect who is interested via this Google Form, and will communicate with those who sign up going forward.

https://goo.gl/forms/bV9Q9qrw5JnMevdS2

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: GROUP BUY - ENERGY SUSPENSION BUSHINGS Control Arms & Differential
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:17 AM »
I must have got one of the last kits, I had to buy it direct though no one had them in stock.  Shipped 12/7/17

Plan C, maybe a vendor can work a deal and outright buy 40 at a discount and resell them.   It would probably cost just as much or more to try and build kits to sell.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
I must have got one of the last kits, I had to buy it direct though no one had them in stock.  Shipped 12/7/17

Plan C, maybe a vendor can work a deal and outright buy 40 at a discount and resell them.   It would probably cost just as much or more to try and build kits to sell.

I purchased a set May of 2017, and it was the last set I could find at that point. Now I have another Kappa and want to upgrade the bushings in it... so hence doing this to hopefully help out some others as well. We're close... 35 people so far in 1 day showing interest. Once I get final pricing we'll see how many go through with it.

Offline flash

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:27 AM »
Yep, I'm interested. But there has to be some idea as to what a set of bushings would cost ($100, $200, $500, something).

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »
Yep, I'm interested. But there has to be some idea as to what a set of bushings would cost ($100, $200, $500, something).

The pricing is in the link in the first messge.

Aggressive #000741

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
I had a mistake originally and was wrong on the differential bushing. I thought they were for the rear (black crossbeam), but it is a single bushing made for the base differential to mount the front. This has been removed from the group buy (not enough interest) and only the control arms are still available.

We are over our minimum of 40 people, and as soon as I get the final price quote I'm moving and setting this up.

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »

Is this Steve P.?

Anyway... on the form is the information as Dave has said. ESTIMATED at $160 for both Front and Rear control arm bushings. I reached out to the distributor today (that's who the order has to be placed through) and Energy Suspension trying to push for a final price quote as we are over our minimum (40 orders) as of today.

I'll update the form and provide an email to all who have signed up with proper information as it comes to light.

Offline slab8

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
I had a mistake originally and was wrong on the differential bushing. I thought they were for the rear (black crossbeam), but it is a single bushing made for the base differential to mount the front. This has been removed from the group buy (not enough interest) and only the control arms are still available.

We are over our minimum of 40 people, and as soon as I get the final price quote I'm moving and setting this up.

Dangit; I've already got a diff nose bushing, but wanted a spare. I think most people who have removed the AR5 have to use the nose bushing instead.

What's included in the control arm kit? Is it enough pieces to cover the uppers AND lowers?

Also, why not just do the master set? Don't people need swaybar bushings, too?

Offline ironman69

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
I am interested too in these kits, it is neccesary front and rear arms or only front?

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »
Going to have to cancel this group buy.

When it came down to actually asking folks if they were committed to purchase and could provide payment, the responses dropped from 50 people down to 17. I'm not going to stick my neck out to cover $8000 to place the order. Thanks for those that were interested.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »
All too common, unfortunately.
Make the right choices now

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »
Lots of people talk the talk
but too few
walk the walk

I always state, payment is your proof of commitment.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
So who has to pay to have GJ committed?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline slab8

• Tech
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 01:46:33 AM »
Going to have to cancel this group buy.

When it came down to actually asking folks if they were committed to purchase and could provide payment, the responses dropped from 50 people down to 17. I'm not going to stick my neck out to cover $8000 to place the order. Thanks for those that were interested.
I never got any message about that? How was it sent out? (IE: are you sure that people actually received the request for payment?)

Offline Solar

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 11:20:59 PM »
damn it, I just signed up too.