Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2018 PACIFIC NW OPEL MEET/Wants Kappas  (Read 2062 times)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
2018 PACIFIC NW OPEL MEET/Wants Kappas
« on: May 04, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »
SATURN SKY & PONTIAC SOLSTICE OWNERS WANTED (Snohomish)
The 2018 PACIFIC NORTHWEST OPEL MEET is looking for Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice owners to join us in our annual festivities. We will be meeting in Snohomish at Clearview Nursery and Stone, 16918 Hwy 9, Snohomish, WA 98296 on Saturday, June 30. The fun begins at 10am and a BBQ will be hosted at Noon by Gil Wesson, owner of GT Source. Mid-afternoon we will "crash" the local cruise-in and wind the day down at a local restaurant for dinner together. Please join us; we would love to see you there!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/wan/d/saturn-sky-pontiac-solstice/6579380686.html

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: 2018 PACIFIC NW OPEL MEET/Wants Kappas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
Opel Meet, I never thought such things are around :D
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 02:30:48 PM »
Opel Meet, I never thought such things are around :D

Yup, we had the original Opel GTs here in the USA. I went to this meet. Good bunch of people. Maybe only 15 or 20 cars or so there. Their organizers were looking to maybe do some combined events with our local Kappa club since enthusiasm is dwindling.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
Maybe someone in this thread can help with this. I'm looking for an Opel Speedster someplace in the US that might potentially be for sale. I have no idea where to even start. Have at it...give me some ideas if anyone has any...Thanks
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
Is it even legal to import them into the USA, you might start there.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
I've seen some advertised here so some are in already. Dave Gilbert has seen a few but not often. I was thinking that an Opel Club might have some tentacles out there. I know they were made by Lotus. All were made in England both in LHD and RHD. I think 2006 or thereabouts was the last year. They shared our engine and drivetrain. Came 2.4, 2.0 Turbo and I think Supercharged. Don;t know much more but at 1925 lbs they must be one hell of a ride...
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 11:02:28 AM »
You might also check with Lotus clubs and forums then too.  There used to be a big British car show up in your area every year usually the second weekend in Sept, the British car Union I think it was called.  I remember seeing lots of Lotus and other one off or rare imported cars there.

Guess they still do it.

https://www.britishcarunion.com/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:05:54 AM by Sol Asylum »
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
Thanks. Sept 9th in Palatine, IL. Nice drive with the Redline and then I'll look around and ask around....be safe...