Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: High power-holding clutch option  (Read 1093 times)

Offline nigelt

• Apprentice/Gofer
High power-holding clutch option
« on: August 05, 2018, 01:54:08 AM »
I need a clutch for a 2.4 to hold 350ft-lbs+, and it seems the only off-the-shelf options are Spec (with reportedly funky harmonics) and DDM ($$$). Has anyone tried mixing and matching components across the GM line to get a decent setup that's more affordable? For example, the 2.0 stock clutch seems quite decent but would need a 6-bolt flywheel. Or what about out of the Corvette parts bin?

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: High power-holding clutch option
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »
Or what about out of the Corvette parts bin?

If you can get an LS clutch to work, you can easily get up to 1200 ft/lb rated clutches.

But that being said, my gut feeling is it isn't doable. If it was, someone would have done it already.

Don't some 5th gen V6 Camaros use the same trans as the Kappas? Might be a way to make that work more easily than an LS clutch.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.