Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: broken door handle  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
broken door handle
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
Yesterday I had to remove the door handle (door needs a paint job) and unfortunaley broke some small plastic parts.

Can someone tell  me if the broken off parts are necessary for mounting the door handle?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:43:43 PM by Ironhide »
Oliver  :usa:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: broken door handle
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:34:20 PM »
Ironhide  It looks like a guide or something to keep it centered .  BUT  the Chevy Cobalt has the same handles as ours & come in Colors . I have a mat black pair on mine if that helps
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »
Ironhide  It looks like a guide or something to keep it centered .  BUT  the Chevy Cobalt has the same handles as ours & come in Colors . I have a mat black pair on mine if that helps

Bought the Cobalt ones, too.

Hmmm I'll have to order them in the USA since they drove Chevrolet out of the German market.  :gaah:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »
Is the paint job part of the minivan repair?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:49:08 PM »
Is the paint job part of the minivan repair?

Yes and no. :D

Finally my new bumper is going to be painted and I thought it would be a good time ( saved some insurance money buying an U.S. bumper) to get the door repaired, too.

In 2014 someone hit my door with his door and chipped off a piece of the color. :gaah:

I've repaired that by using a brush and some color, but after four years the clear coat is nearly gone in that area. :(

I hope everything will be fine again, but to be honest more and more good GM/Opel dealers (who are capable of repairing Saturn Sky) are going out of business.

Yesterday they've fired my mechanic and I had to remove the door by myself.

I'm really concerned what comes next. :(

I heard a lot of bad things about getting an U.S. size license plate, which hasn't been a problem for many years.

Back in 2009 we got a new head official  for our county and that guy seems to hate every U.S. car.

Several times he declined  to license U.S. cars and asked the owners to sell them, because he doesn't want them on his roads. :banghead:

If you're living in an other county down here you'll have no problem with that.