Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: oil pressure blues  (Read 1278 times)

Offline dpage

• Apprentice/Gofer
oil pressure blues
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
I bought a 2007 sky redline a few months ago. I have added new intake, charge pipes, exhaust down pipe, and a tune from RPM Motorsports. The car has 63K miles on it.

The car was a bit noisy on start up and then quieted down after running for a few seconds. A mechanic at the local garage where I got the car inspected suggested I add Lucas oil additive when I changed the oil. I did that, and after starting the engine it made its normal initial noise, then quieted down as usual. Then it got noticeably noisier, the oil light came on, and I shut the car off. Long story short, I have not seen oil pressure since. I drained the oil, removed the filter, and put in new oil without the additive.  I poured the oil through the filter housing. I saw no problem with the filter rand reinstalled it. I have disconnected the coils and rotated the engine with the starter for 10 seconds to attempt to build pressure. I have done this multiple times over a couple of days. I started the engine again and still no pressure. I don’t think I have caused any damage yet, but I am not sure. The engine has run without oil pressure for a total of about 15 seconds. The additive was Lucas, and was very viscous. After I put in the oil with the Lucas additive I didn’t start the car for several days. I theorize that the additive didn’t mix with the oil, sank to the bottom of the pan, and on initial starting was pulled into the pump. I think that perhaps I blew a seal somewhere.

I would like to get any opinions on what the cure to this problem might be. I didn’t purchase this car as a project and I am mulling over whether to sell it as is and cut my losses or attempt to repair it.

Offline dpage

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: oil pressure blues
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 10:12:35 AM »
I reposted in the problems discussion