Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Removable Hard Top on a Coupe - Squeaks and Rattles  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Removable Hard Top on a Coupe - Squeaks and Rattles
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »
I've put up with the squeaks and rattles for years. It's finally gotten to me. Do any other coupe owners have the same problem? Is it a clamp adjustment to quiet this thing down? The soft top doesn't do it, just the hard top. Help!
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: Removable Hard Top on a Coupe - Squeaks and Rattles
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »
I'm curious if frame brace upgrades would help; like the backbone
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
I think Rouge might already have that brace.

Rouge if you give the car to GJ that should take care of the squeaks and rattles issue you have, problem solved.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »
The fasteners going into the header rail can get loose - they hold the fittings that the top clamps to. Take the top off and tighten those fasteners and it should cure the issue - it did for me.  And check the rear clamp fasteners while you are at it.
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 06:34:59 PM »
Yes, the car already has the DDM backbone brace. Thanks for suggesting it, though. I'd be happy to present Rogue to GJ. Right after he shows his appreciation with a sizable deposit into my bank account. I've tried adjusting the rear clamp, to no avail. However, I did notice that it's significantly tighter than the rear clamp on my soft top. Maybe it's clamped too tightly? I'll check the front clamp fasteners, I had not thought of that. Thanks.
Go N.A.K.3.D..