Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Youtuber turbocharges Solstice - 2.4L RPM stage 2 kit  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Youtuber turbocharges Solstice - 2.4L RPM stage 2 kit
« on: February 15, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »

A good watch but they were reluctant to say they liked the car but I guess it comes with the territory whether we like it or not.  Sounds like they weren't 100% satisfied with the remote tune by RPM, I think it is understandable that he couldn't homerun the tune remotely, especially without a WBO2 and a dyno.

For fun: at work we talk a lot of crap and several guys are racers.  I make sure to label my Solstice as "the girly car" to shame their Rustangs.  This spring is going to be fun, when "the girly car" whoops the list of pony cars officially at the track, and will rub it in that a girly car beat them.  There is a nearly official list of the fastest street cars at the facility I work at (corporate people are banned, no 1000 whp vette allowed), I am currently sitting at 4th place, 3 ponys ahead of me need to beat a 12.2 to take 1st.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
Re: Youtuber turbocharges Solstice - 2.4L RPM stage 2 kit
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »
I definitely think once you get the kinks worked out with the twincharged setup you will have a shot at 12.2.  Hell I knew a guy who twincharged a probe gt with an ebay turbo and ran mid 11s. 

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 10:41:00 AM »
I definitely think once you get the kinks worked out with the twincharged setup you will have a shot at 12.2.  Hell I knew a guy who twincharged a probe gt with an ebay turbo and ran mid 11s.

I will need to practice too, probably Lapeer on the weekends tnt to get my launches figured out, that's killing me
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »
Here's the follow up video of him delivering it to him mom, even after driving it she doesn't know.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:31 PM »
Traction on the Kappa is the achilles heal from a dead stop.

They are way better at doing rolling pulls in 3rd gear, which is where all the fun happens on the street anyway.

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:08:18 PM »

They are way better at doing rolling pulls in 3rd gear, which is where all the fun happens on the street anyway.

But a intake/exhaust/headers/cam LS Corvette or Camaro will spank them, every time. I don't even have the cam yet, and my '12 pulls like a freight train in 3rd. Regularly gap my wife's 392 Charger in that gear...

Not saying it's pointless to drag race a Kappa, but there are better (cheaper) options our there these days...and most are LS powered.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »

Raced a Neon SRT one night couple young guys looking for races, they preferred rolling, " :idk: whatever man"  :D

After the first pull I walked away, they didn't want to race anymore and threw in the towel and went off their own way

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 01:28:55 PM »
But a intake/exhaust/headers/cam LS Corvette or Camaro will spank them, every time. I don't even have the cam yet, and my '12 pulls like a freight train in 3rd. Regularly gap my wife's 392 Charger in that gear...

Not saying it's pointless to drag race a Kappa, but there are better (cheaper) options our there these days...and most are LS powered.

Agreed, the kappa is not drag racing platform for sure; consider I also make sure to bring up turning and keep inviting them to make an autocross or road course list (that shuts them up hehe).  There are 4 Pontiacs on the list, 3rd gen Camaro, 4th gen ws6, and a Grand Prix (nitrous for fun).  The guy with the WS6 is caming it this winter, motivated by all this "list" activity.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »

Lusifer used to eat Corvettes for lunch.   It could do a sub 4 second 60-100 pull.  I never lost a street race with my 2871 and E47 tune.
Those were fun times.   

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 11:37:08 PM »
Lusifer used to eat Corvettes for lunch.   It could do a sub 4 second 60-100 pull.  I never lost a street race with my 2871 and E47 tune.
Those were fun times.   

But put that same money into the 'vette, and...

I'm not trying to say folks shouldn't drag Kappas. I'd love to see more folks developing non-LS setups that deliver. My point is just that it's just not as easy to make fast as an LS Corvette/Camaro is.

FWIW, my porky 4000 lb with me in it Camaro should be good for a sub-10 second 0-100. Best 0-60 so far is 3.9 seconds, so I likely can't touch your 60-100 time yet...but even with HP tunes I've only got a little more than a grand worth of go faster parts on the car. But with a cam? $2kish total (headers/intake/exhaust/cam) or so if you do the work yourself, another $400 for a dyno tune, and suddenly it gets interesting...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:44:14 PM by Uranium-238 »
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 11:50:39 PM »
I think you just made your 2019 to do list.
:lol:

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »
I think you just made your 2019 to do list.
:lol:

2019 to-do list is already made: Pay it off, new clutch, drag radials, and an 11-second pass. Should be ordering clutch parts this week...
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 07:11:39 PM »
Sweet