Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Cheap NOS Body Panels For Sale in Michigan  (Read 2432 times)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Cheap NOS Body Panels For Sale in Michigan
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »
A few days ago someone posted that they are trying to get rid of NOS parts on FaceBook (Allen Lane) in Dundee, MI. A SolsticeForum member took a drive and posted the following.

Quote from: phil1734;2173897
I went down and checked these out yesterday afternoon and picked up a lh/rh set in silver for myself. I might go back and get a deck lid as well - more on that later. I don't really have any plans on rescuing anything else for the reasons I've already stated, but did take a few pictures since I know there's plenty of guys here that will enjoy them. I warn you in advance - some of you may consider them are quite graphic.

In short, the whole place is a story of a pending eviction and how not to run a "resource recovery" yard. The owner (who was a very nice guy, despite his seeming inability to run a business) was very talkative while I was digging through things and made it clear he wasn't a "salvage" or "junk" yard, because everything he had was new old stock he bought in huge lots during factory re-tools or closures. For a long time, the Kappa and SN95 were his bread and butter. Unfortunately business slowed down and he's now facing eviction from his current location. His warehouse in the above video is long gone and everything is stored outside.

The kappa parts were all his from the beginning, though based on the above video they made have changed company names once or twice. They are all done in factory paint and clear coat, and a few have fuel doors. There is no other hardware or weather stripping on anything. He originally had 11 semi-trailer loads delivered from the Wilmington paint shop of rear-quarters, solstice fenders, hoods and deck-lids. The hoods are long gone, pretty much all sold when the going was good. The fenders he had left were recently sold in a large lot to someone, he didn't mention where they went or how many remained. He had about 30 deck lids for both cars, all with the hole for the "shark-fin" antenna. Unfortunately a number of them were severely damage due to lack of proper storage. The remaining ones were gone when I was there. 10 were supposed to have been bought by nearby Stoney Creek Auto Salvage, but he accidentally sent them his entire inventory. They're supposed to be sending back the remainder, but at least those 10 should be preserved for a bit longer.

Again, they have no weatherstripping or hardware so I would doubt that at the point you're replacing the deck-lid that they will really be of that much use.

Now the quarter panels - these bad boys are still all on their original GM parts racks. An eagle-eyed viewer may even see a few rare colors. The vast majority of them are Sky panels. There are a fair number of driver side solstice panels, but after I took mine there is only a single passenger side solstice panel remaining in dark blue, further boosting my point that this lot really isn't the gold mine of parts it's made out to be. A few have been bent back by years of standing out in the wind, and at least all of the solstice panels have a broken spot weld in the corner where the door frame, side, and top all come together. At the point you're replacing this panel, it won't make the slightest difference. Given enough time before the bank shows up to crush everything, the owner did say he would like to cut the panels in half so that he can store/move them easier and still have stock of separate rockers and rear fenders for bodywork repairs, so they may not be completely lost.

Now the pictures:
[/size]

Offline Hobart

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: Cheap NOS Body Panels For Sale in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 08:42:30 PM »
Are any of these parts still available?  I’m hunting for left and right front quarter panels for my 2009 Saturn Sky Redline.   Please let me know.  Thank you. 

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »
Are any of these parts still available?  I’m hunting for left and right front quarter panels for my 2009 Saturn Sky Redline.   Please let me know.  Thank you. 

May I ask why you need both rear quarters? Are they damaged in some way?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 11:07:36 PM »
He said fronts, I'm guessing the old lifted the car wrong messed up the fenders.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Hobart

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 10:32:58 PM »
Correct.  My SKY front fender panels are cracked on the bottom from improper lifting.  NOS GM panels are available but folks are price gouging on them now.  I’m looking for replacements both driver and passenger side. 

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:57:37 AM »
Correct.  My SKY front fender panels are cracked on the bottom from improper lifting.  NOS GM panels are available but folks are price gouging on them now.  I’m looking for replacements both driver and passenger side. 
Get them from DDM or from Norm, those are are a cheaper option than OEM as well.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!