Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Gt287r install  (Read 1219 times)

Offline cyclone

• Apprentice/Gofer
Gt287r install
« on: August 18, 2019, 02:44:19 PM »
Just wondering if anybody here has installed a gt2871. I've been looking for pictures of people's installs but most of the pictures arent available anymore.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Gt287r install
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 05:58:56 PM »
I know there were folks here who use that turbo, but I do not believe they still have the car, or come to the forum.
Dave from DDM use to sell them I believe, maybe he will see your post and chime in.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline cyclone

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
I was told originally it was from ddm. I sent it to bnr to be rebuilt just for piece of mind. I guess they have an upgrade now and it should flow a little more.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »
I had one of the first BNR 2871 turbos, it was still on the car running strong when it left my possession about two years ago. I might have a few pictures or remember a few things, what are you looking for?

Offline cyclone

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 01:22:09 PM »
Were you running a catch can? I ordered one and wanted to make sure I get it hooked up right. The only picture I've seen has the 2 lines from the valve cover tee'd into 1 line and going to the catch can and then the line out going to the intake. Also any pictures of the turbo installed would help. Thanks!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »
Were you running a catch can? I ordered one and wanted to make sure I get it hooked up right. The only picture I've seen has the 2 lines from the valve cover tee'd into 1 line and going to the catch can and then the line out going to the intake.

There's this... https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/why-where-you-should-shouldn-t-run-oil-catch-can-occ-lnf-kappa-71640/

"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline cyclone

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »
I had read through that. Sounds like I should tap the intake for the 2nd line instead of connecting the 2 lines.