Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Boost Juice and Devilsown Brew is not 49% methanol  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Boost Juice and Devilsown Brew is not 49% methanol
« on: January 20, 2020, 06:32:30 PM »

2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Boost Juice and Devilsown Brew is not 49% methanol
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:13:23 PM »
Thought I read somewhere that someone else found Devilsown frozen in the winter.

EDIT: It was you a few years ago that posted this. Others on the web have reported the same thing. The take away would have to be that you're better to make your own I would think.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=11614.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:17:19 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
I used it for many years in both my sols and never has an issue
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 06:29:30 AM »
But you ARE in Florida...   :D
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 07:48:33 AM »

Water injection (H2O alone) is effective; so you may want to experiment with blue washer fluid and save 80%.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:49:46 AM »
Thought I read somewhere that someone else found Devilsown frozen in the winter.

EDIT: It was you a few years ago that posted this. Others on the web have reported the same thing. The take away would have to be that you're better to make your own I would think.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=11614.0

Has it been that long?!  Consider this, there is a direct correlation between my employment status and activity on my youtube channel (I produce lots of videos when I don't have a job).  I'm trying to do both this year let's see what happens.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »

So, living in Florida (the Sunshine State), how many times did you come out in the morning to find it frozen?  :poke:  :devil:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:45:05 PM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
So, living in Florida (the Sunshine State), how many times did you come out in the morning to find it frozen?

I was going to look up some factual information to troll, but then see that Florida is the 51st coldest state (next to Hawaii) judged by the coldest ever recorded temperature.

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
I was going to look up some factual information to troll, but then see that Florida is the 51st coldest state (next to Hawaii) judged by the coldest ever recorded temperature.

. . . and how many states are there?

:curious:

Aggressive #000741

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »
50 but Illinois counts twice because the Chicago machine always ends up with more votes than possible.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 11:07:37 AM »
. . . and how many states are there?

:curious:

lolol,  :banghead: wish I had a time machine.  Dang wiki list threw me off is my excuse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_and_territory_temperature_extremes