Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2006 Solstice with M62 supercharger  (Read 1543 times)

Offline tags34

• Apprentice/Gofer
2006 Solstice with M62 supercharger
« on: July 01, 2020, 06:13:53 PM »
Hello, I was hoping to find some troubleshooting help with my 06 freshly supercharged solstice. i recently finished a m62 supercharger build. and I'm having issues keeping it running. now i believe is just not getting enough fuel. and was hoping someone knows of a pretty standard tune or if i will also need additional parts.
these are the parts my build consists of:
 Custom ZZP modular pulley system with 3.1" pulley
60# EV6 Siemens injectors
TB adapter harness
MAF extension
2 bar MAP sensor
 idler stand with idler pulley
Valve cover breather
Bosch IC pump & mounting bracket
ZZP S3 heat exchanger
M62 Supercharger
LSJ throttle body
LSJ lower intake using Laminova intercooler
Thank you!

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
Re: 2006 Solstice with M62 supercharger
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:36:15 PM »
If you haven’t tuned it at all the new injectors will cause it to get too much fuel. It should idle and run fine with the supercharger disconnected and factory injectors if that's the case.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:36:24 AM »
After testing per hammys guidance, I strongly suggest you get a custom tune done. The ecu is going to constantly freak out looking for stock values. 
Make the right choices now

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 03:48:28 PM »
Hello, I was hoping to find some troubleshooting help with my 06 freshly supercharged solstice. i recently finished a m62 supercharger build. and I'm having issues keeping it running. now i believe is just not getting enough fuel. and was hoping someone knows of a pretty standard tune or if i will also need additional parts.
these are the parts my build consists of:
 Custom ZZP modular pulley system with 3.1" pulley
60# EV6 Siemens injectors
TB adapter harness
MAF extension
2 bar MAP sensor
 idler stand with idler pulley
Valve cover breather
Bosch IC pump & mounting bracket
ZZP S3 heat exchanger
M62 Supercharger
LSJ throttle body
LSJ lower intake using Laminova intercooler
Thank you!

A custom tune is required.  Do you have pictures of the engine and supercharger?  I would love to check out how you modified the M62 to fit into the kappa car!
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline tags34

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »
thank yall! figured id have to get a custom tune i was just hoping there might be an easier route. and steelmesh i can get some pictures i had to do a looot of moving.around and removing the hood supports cut out a piece of the fire wall to fit the boot and throttle body on and i had to bend the dipstick guide

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »
I'm with steelmesh!  Would love to see some pics!