Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Electronic Throttle Delay...  (Read 1698 times)

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
Electronic Throttle Delay...
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with this.  It's noticeable in every gear but first.  Basically let's say I'm in 2nd at 20-30 mph and I go from 1/4 throttle to punching it.  It litterally delays a half second then incrementally starts adding throttle to actually got wot.

Even with the Trifecta tune this happens.  I even sent a datalog and request to Trifecta for more throttle response and they send back a new tune but same crap happens.  Can this be tuned out?  Anyone else have this problem?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: Electronic Throttle Delay...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
MattM ; You might want to talk to Dave Gilbert at Auto Performance Autowerks (1- 815-439 4547) he had part that Pluged into the  throttle Peddle a FEW Years ago

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:38:36 AM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
MattM ; You might want to talk to Dave Gilbert at Auto Performance Autowerks (1- 815-439 4547) he had part that Pluged into the  throttle Peddle a FEW Years ago

Unfortunately that only changed the response curve of the pedal, vs. trying to tune out the issue.

OP, first question is are all the nannies disabled when it does this? On my Camaro, even in sport mode it'll delay the throttle. Turn ESC and TC completely off, suddenly there's a direct connection between your foot and the throttle.

Worth noting though, is that's partly because of my tune. I tightened up the throttle response, (and eliminated slight knock when blipping the throttle) and that combined with the ESC being off fixes the issue. Hopefully that's all part of the Trifecta tune, so give it a shot with the nannies off and see what happens.

(FWIW, I only run with ESC/TC off at the track. Normal driving it's all sport mode.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:52:34 AM by Uranium-238 »
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 04:06:06 PM »
Unfortunately that only changed the response curve of the pedal, vs. trying to tune out the issue.

OP, first question is are all the nannies disabled when it does this? On my Camaro, even in sport mode it'll delay the throttle. Turn ESC and TC completely off, suddenly there's a direct connection between your foot and the throttle.

Worth noting though, is that's partly because of my tune. I tightened up the throttle response, (and eliminated slight knock when blipping the throttle) and that combined with the ESC being off fixes the issue. Hopefully that's all part of the Trifecta tune, so give it a shot with the nannies off and see what happens.

(FWIW, I only run with ESC/TC off at the track. Normal driving it's all sport mode.)

Wow!  This is a good post!  I never even thought about that.  I always run in competition mode.  I'll try everything off and see what happens!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 06:59:02 PM »
So I tried it with everything off and I "THINK"  IT MAY be a little quicker but it might also be in my head too...

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 09:16:25 PM »
So I tried it with everything off and I "THINK"  IT MAY be a little quicker but it might also be in my head too...

Again, it'll depend on your tune.

On the Camaro, I was getting knock when blipping the throttle, either feathering the clutch or when rev matching to downshift. After poking around in the data some I figured out the ECM wasn't reacting to the "blips" fast enough to give the engine the fuel it needs. Played around with the thresholds to enter power enrichment, and a few other things I'm not remembering, and the ECM now fuels the "blips" properly, and the throttle response was noticeably better.

Couple that with TC/ESC off, and it's as close to right as I'll likely be able to get it.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with this.  It's noticeable in every gear but first.  Basically let's say I'm in 2nd at 20-30 mph and I go from 1/4 throttle to punching it.  It litterally delays a half second then incrementally starts adding throttle to actually got wot.

Even with the Trifecta tune this happens.  I even sent a datalog and request to Trifecta for more throttle response and they send back a new tune but same crap happens.  Can this be tuned out?  Anyone else have this problem?

I'll have to get a log to see if there is a delay between the pedal signal and throttle plate position at that same condition, maybe it's there just haven't been looking for it.  My initial thought is it could be related to torque management.  Factory drive by wire nanny controls is reason #52 to go stand alone  :idk:
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.