Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: So, NASSM 2023 in West (by damn) Virginia. Who's going?  (Read 7176 times)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
So, NASSM 2023 in West (by damn) Virginia. Who's going?
« on: December 03, 2022, 09:18:31 AM »
Virtually our back door for us DelMarVa & PA folks.  I have booked the 'official' hotel, but I hear they are at capacity now.  Still several other hotels close by.

So, who's going? Could be a virtual SMMM'23!

(Beckley, West Virginia, June 19-24, 2023 : https://www.solsticeforum.com/threads/18th-north-american-solstice-and-sky-annual-meet-2023-june-19-24-2023-nassam.165234/ )
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: So, NASSM 2023 in West (by damn) Virginia. Who's going?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:51:37 AM »
Wow.  No-one here?  Ouch.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »
Well I sorta have a perfect record about attending NASSM not sure I want to mess that up. :poke:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 01:53:41 PM »
You don't count, since you're in Hellinois

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 05:25:33 PM »
I thought about it, but since I no longer have a car..........  I might ride up there for a couple of days if I can find an empty bed
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »
I was away this weekend and am just seeing this.
I might be able to come down the first weekend.   Definitely need to reach out to Shiny, Dengel, Spag and Reed.

Offline rob the elder

• Tech
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 07:51:24 PM »
We are bringing several cars from Colorado.  3 days each way is a commitment for us old guys.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 08:57:32 PM »
 I don't own a Solstice now But my buddy does . I have a nephew with a low mileage Sky l am going to ask him if I could use it,
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 09:05:16 PM »
I had thought of going as well but my wife is in long term care now and my son is busy with family and work commitments. It's not a lot of fun traveling alone...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 10:28:34 AM »
I remember in 2009 my 1st show alone FROM Nottingham ,MD 21236 / to Denver CO. Broomfield iN 21 HOURS ONLY STOPPING for GAS & whatever I was  :violin:just wanted to get there . Rob was parked accross from me at the show when they turned the Corner Tiles on his checkere board . I met alot of People there . THE FUN DAYS                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                          Google this and See The First     Bob's Lil Ndn                                                                                   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:29:35 PM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 10:34:07 AM »
I had thought of going as well but my wife is in long term care now and my son is busy with family and work commitments. It's not a lot of fun traveling alone...
So sorry about your wife, Bob.  But come on down anyway.  It's just a day's drive, and you won't be alone when you get there!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 05:21:24 PM »
So sorry to hear about your wife Bob.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 11:11:02 PM »
Thanks guys, Alzheimer's is a horrible disease. They call it "the long goodbye" for a reason.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 11:48:46 PM »
Bob take your grandson on a road trip.  Tell him about his handprints on the bumper.  Make it a life memory for him.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline rob the elder

• Tech
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
No more 1 little ndn?  Say it isnt so!  I remember how much fun it was to come out to the lot and see your beautiful car sitting near Punisher.  Great time.  I plan on being buried in mine.  LOL  Which event wont be for a while I hope.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2022, 10:22:26 AM »
No more 1 little ndn?  Say it isnt so!  I remember how much fun it was to come out to the lot and see your beautiful car sitting near Punisher.  Great time.  I plan on being buried in mine.  LOL  Which event wont be for a while I hope.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
     rob   I'M Still around , I think the Car is also it still had everything on it.  Was gone (2) days later .I am always LQQking for it . Google       Bob's           
  Lil Ndn  & you will see what Started it all the 1st  pontiac    Bobby         
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 06:34:58 PM by 1LILNDN »
Mods

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2022, 02:44:24 AM »
I can neither confirm or deny that I have ever been to or will go to an event of this type.  Please consult my personal assistant - Wartie - for additional lack of information.

Thank you.
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
     rob   I'M Still around , I think the Car is also it still had everything on it.  Was gone (2) days later .I am always LQQking for it . Google   Bobs LilNdn  & you will see what Started it all the 1st 1947 pontiac    Bobby           

I trade Bix in on a pickup summer of 21.  Found out a FedEx pilot out of Michigan flew in 2 weeks ago and bought it,  Drove it back to Michigan last week  We have been InTouch.   He saw Dave in his pink hat on Facebook.  Made a comment about he thought he had just bought that car.  I contacted him and we confirmed the car.  I sent him a copy of the write up I did on the mods when I traded it in.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 04:11:36 PM »
I can neither confirm or deny that I have ever been to or will go to an event of this type.  Please consult my personal assistant - Wartie - for additional lack of information.

Sorry, but we have someone in witness protection that can confirm that both of you have been seen at such an event.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »
Would that be Ihawk?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2022, 12:34:41 PM »
Possibility for the 2009 coupe to make an appearance

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 02:38:50 PM »
YES! DBG for the win!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2022, 11:40:22 AM »
I feel for you SlyBob.  My Dad has dementia.  Fortunately he remembers names, but he will forgot almost everything that is short term.  His memory of events past 20 years is incredible.   The mind is so weird.  Then there are times when he just latches onto something and won't let it go. 
I can confirm, it is very difficult. 

We got him into a good facility but man, that aint cheap.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 11:48:40 AM »
Looks like iHawk and Dengel are already registered
I believe Shiny and Reed are also going

Offline Rdesh

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 10:32:43 PM »
Thinking of going, won?t know work schedule until new year. Only 7000 km round trip  :drive:
Would be a lot of fun and nice to put faces to names
Westers tune, DDM CAI - Charge Tubes - Venom Brace - Backbone - Probeam, SOLO Mach Cat-Back and High Flow Cat., Draw-Tite hitch with a Curt cargo carrier, Ultra-Guage Blue OBDII.