Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: service Traction control ESC lights come on during hard acceleration  (Read 486 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Apprentice/Gofer
Brake fluid is at top level. The abs and traction control warning lights come on and it cuts boost and they go away and everything goes back to normal once I let up on the gas. I put a scanner on it and it showed no codes. It seems like its directly connected to how many g's I'm pulling. any ideas? its driving me nuts lol

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: service Traction control ESC lights come on during hard acceleration
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 01:13:50 PM »
Nanny controls don't like when the wheels break free or it thinks they are about to.  Unfortunately this is normal.

Try changing to competition mode.

2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Riverrat

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 01:17:37 PM »
Nanny controls don't like when the wheels break free or it thinks they are about to.  Unfortunately this is normal.

Try changing to competition mode.

Not normal. This just started happening. Also it?s happening at 60 mph going in a straight line. No traction lost at that speed.

Offline Riverrat

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 01:31:21 PM »
Got a better scanner and here?s what it shows.

Offline agent008

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 09:16:34 AM »
I suggest you check the wiring that goes to the EBCM (ABS control unit) inside the engine bay. The C0900-00 Control Module Power Circuit DTC suggests the EBCM might be having power issues.
Have you cleared the DTC's? If so, did they return?

How old is your car's battery? I suggest you have it load-tested. You can do that at AutoZone etc. Remember to disconnect both battery cables before connecting the load tester.

After you: *reset the DTC's; *load test your battery *check your EBCM wiring for damage; if all is OK on these 3 fronts, then I would suggest you check the acceleration sensor. I don't have any experience with that besides knowing it is a quite sensible/fragile part. But there's a good chance the problem is one of the 3 items I pointed out.