Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Member introduction  (Read 790 times)

Offline Scfrainmaker07

• Apprentice/Gofer
New Member introduction
« on: January 10, 2024, 02:13:47 PM »
I am a new owner of a 2009 Solstice Coupe and look forward to learning about upgrades and Mods that others have done to enhance the fun of ownership. The car is a bone stock base model Silver Coupe with 50,000 miles which I bought from the original owner. I drove it to a local cruise in this weekend and there was a lot of interest. Most of the people have not seen a Solstice Coupe before. Had a great time with my new toy.
I have been a Pontiac enthusiast since my teen years and also own two 1969 Firebirds.
I am planning on doing the cup holder mod to the console, but need to find the factory cup holder for the passenger side of the console since mine is broken. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I do plan on upgrading the stereo system and seeing if I can remove the Onstar system since it is obsolete (unless it is a major production) I look forward to sharing my Kappa journey with this group and learning about yours.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: New Member introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 04:38:25 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.

I am not sure if this vendor is still around or if they still make the cupholder replacement but most people were really happy with them.
https://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,9394.0.html

I didn't know that Onstar was obsolete, I don't have it on my Sol however my G6 has it but I don't pay for it/use it.  I think there are some threads here about where the black box is located and how to remove them.

Is your coupe a GXP or NA?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:18:31 PM by Sol Asylum »
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 09:17:47 PM »
Welcome Bill, glad you were able to log on and the Solstice looks sharp. Yeah the coupes are a pretty rare beast, I've only seen a few around these parts. That cup holder might be able to be repaired, some have had luck doing that in the past.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 11:44:35 AM »
Welcome!  You can replace the cupholder with the Santana one that Sol Asylum linked.  I have one in my car and love it!  However, it IS expensive.

Otherwise, as Sly Bob said, depending on what broke, you can repair it.  There are replacement arms available (common breakage) on eBay etc, and even 3D print parts yourself if you have the means. Here is a selection from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2553889.m570.l1313&_nkw=solstice+sky+cup+holder&_sacat=0
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 08:21:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your rare coupe
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia