Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wester's GMPP Tuning begins  (Read 61470 times)

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Wester's GMPP Tuning begins
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
Kelu,
Look at the DIC boost numbers, they go from nothing to 25 psi.  :brnout:

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
ok ok, looks nice, but WHAT IS THIS? :P

Sorry, is the video and/or picture not showing up???  The video URL is h ttp

Kelu,
Look at the DIC boost numbers, they go from nothing to 25 psi.  :brnout:

Yes, they seem to go up almost instantly.  Actually, lyndons previous tune would get me to 25psi quicker but it definitely was not as smooth.  It is way smoother now and as you can see I reach full boost in about 500-750 rpms depending where i am to begin with.  I had to go through the video frame by frame in order to catch the 7psi, 13, 16,19 etc etc....it all happens very fast :)
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »
I get the same thing as you posted in my automatic with the Westers tune.  It hits top boost of 25psi very quickly.  I love it.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2009, 02:23:55 AM »
G8TR & Deep-GXP I saw it and I know what does that means (huge smooth power) but I was asking what is this in the idea DGXP to tell full info, like he is manual/automatic has/hasn't upgraded sensors and he has this version of the tune x from lyndon updated x days ago.

This is supposed to be a teaser of a new version of the race tune, right? If so I was asking more info so we would know what to expect and when :D

Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2009, 07:00:15 AM »
G8TR & Deep-GXP I saw it and I know what does that means (huge smooth power) but I was asking what is this in the idea DGXP to tell full info, like he is manual/automatic has/hasn't upgraded sensors and he has this version of the tune x from lyndon updated x days ago.

This is supposed to be a teaser of a new version of the race tune, right? If so I was asking more info so we would know what to expect and when :D

I see i see:

2008 Manual GXP
GMPP Kit
Dejon IC / Intake
Solo Performance Street Race Exhaust
Westers Tune (testing)
Stock Cat

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2009, 07:25:41 AM »
Westers Tune (testing)
This is a newer version of GMPP + Race Tune or is something newer including the new HPT openings? :D
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »
I am running a new test tune for the automatics without the GMPP sensors and for the catless downpipe.  It is really smooth and downright evil:)
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »
This is a newer version of GMPP + Race Tune or is something newer including the new HPT openings? :D

This is not including the new HPT overboost beta.

I am in the process of getting the new overboost beta from HP Tuners.  Once I get it I will email Lyndon about the new HPT beta and ask him if he has a tune for it and of course i'll also send him some logs of my current tune for further tweaking :)

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
Hmm..has anyone contacted Lyndon about the new overboost beta?  I'd hate to email and bug him about it if someone else already has :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:19:03 PM by Deep-GXP »

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »
This is not including the new HPT overboost beta.

I am in the process of getting the new overboost beta from HP Tuners.  Once I get it I will email Lyndon about the new HPT beta and ask him if he has a tune for it and of course i'll also send him some logs of my current tune for further tweaking :)

Deep:

What specifically is the HPT overboost beta?  Thanks

Frank I
Frank I

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »
Hmm..has anyone contacted Lyndon about the new overboost beta?  I'd hate to email and bug him about it if someone else already has :)

I did so a couple weeks ago. He said he would contact HPT about it. As of yesterday I can't find where they have released it yet.

edit: I just visited the HPT forums and as of 6/17 Bill was talking about third quarter as there are scanner issues that need to be resolved.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:25:29 PM by snaponbob »
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
------------------
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:53:14 PM by Deep-GXP »

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2009, 08:53:31 AM »
Deep:

What specifically is the HPT overboost beta?  Thanks

Frank I

Bill@HPT was talking to Oldskool about the boost limits and was supposed to produce a beta for him to allow him to exceed the existing boost levels.

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »
Is anything new happening with the tunes?

lil goat

« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »
The latest I heard from Lyndon he is not doing much on the tunes, he is just to busy. He wants to spend more time on them but is a victim of the economy just like everyone else. He makes most of his money in the warmer months up north so he stays busy. There are some other things as well that I won't get into, but people selling tunes at cut rate prices is not helping our cause. Most of the work he would do know he would make zero money from, as many of us want updates and they are free. I know there are a few who would buy tunes but the number is fairly small compared to the amount of time Lyndon would have to put in. He has not forgotten us, but he has to make a living. Sorry I can't give you better news.

Offline fershy

• Tech
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »
Perhaps we can move Lyndon's R&D along by booking some dyno time with a local car to Westers. I have what I think would be a good candidate. A Sky RL with a newly installed the GMPP tune. I am a Wester's customer and also have a second ECM with Westers Hot tune on it. I am running the upgraded MAF sensors now, a Dejon Intercooler, stock intake, Solo Mach exhuast and the Hiflo cat. Tilley is about 2 hour drive from Calgary. I have no idea what dyno time would cost but perhaps with the support of the board, we could help offset the cost of the R&D and get the ball rolling on the GMPP+ upgrade? Better than getting him a toaster! Just a thought.
fershy

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
-------------------------
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:53:04 PM by Deep-GXP »

lil goat

« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
OK now you guys are thinking, I do not know what he charges, call, tell him your idea I am sure he will be open to it, and work out something with you. He just got a new Coupe and the new Beta for Hp Tuners just came out, he is chomping at the bit to do some tuning on our cars now that he has two himself. This would justify his time.

I sent Lyndon an email hope I got the info right, but as soon as he replies I will get out of the middle. I sent the email from work, so I may know something in the morning. Lyndon's secretary is on vacation, so he has to answer the phones too, still found time to help my son fix his GTO today over the phone. Lyndon is the BEST! I wonder if Martin would have helped him? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How about the BSR guys? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I only know one other person that would have, well two, Dr. Love or the Smooth Criminal! aka Dave and Randy.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:16:02 PM by lil goat »

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
I would also contribute.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
Chuck, hello where have you been hidding?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline fershy

• Tech
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
OK now you guys are thinking, I do not know what he charges, call, tell him your idea I am sure he will be open to it, and work out something with you. He just got a new Coupe and the new Beta for Hp Tuners just came out, he is chomping at the bit to do some tuning on our cars now that he has two himself. This would justify his time.

I sent Lyndon an email hope I got the info right, but as soon as he replies I will get out of the middle. I sent the email from work, so I may know something in the morning.

Sounds good Goat, bounce the idea off of him and I will do a follow up. It would be nice to get the ball rolling on this tune before the summer is over! I can drop the car off for a few days if need be. Great timing, if we can take advantage of the of the HP overboast beta as well. I am enjoying the new GMPP tune but as smooth and refined as it is, it just does not compare to the bite of his Hot tune when I was running on the stock MAF's. We all know that there is more to be had in these lil' blenders. My poker chips are on Lyndon to be the first to find out.
fershy

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »
LG - Not that you would need help with BSR but they are only a phone call away - Telephone:  +46 (0)470 70 96 70

:lol: :rofl:
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

lil goat

« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »
I sent him a follow up email, he got a bit side tracked helping my son fix his GTO by phone, he fixed it too. Told my son the same thing I did but I guess it sounds different when Lyndon says it. Anyway we will see what he says.

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
Bill@HPT was talking to Oldskool about the boost limits and was supposed to produce a beta for him to allow him to exceed the existing boost levels.

Thanks Deep appreciate the response.
Frank I
Frank I

lil goat

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »
LG - Not that you would need help with BSR but they are only a phone call away - Telephone:  +46 (0)470 70 96 70

:lol: :rofl:

I would have to call my friend Sam Hubinette I don't speak Swedish, I do speak Canadian Red Neck.