Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Thanks Solo Performance  (Read 2250 times)

Offline birdliver

• Apprentice/Gofer
Thanks Solo Performance
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
Just a quick note of thanks to Jeff at Solo. It's not news to his customers here, but I sent him a note saying that I was finally getting around to installing what is one of the first Free Flow Cats that Solo made and wanted to get the improved extender from him for the installation. Jeff sent it in two days for free and sent along the improved gasket that they went to as well. I so appreciate the way these guys do business. I would have been happy to pay them, but there was no charge, even for the prompt shipping. Thanks lads, you're tops!-bird

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Thanks Solo Performance
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
I got my entire system installed in Welland at the Zorro Muffler by Jeff and Darren. I bought everything new from them but the high flow cat. The cat I bought used from a member on the big board back last fall right after I had put the car away for the winter.

Well the installation went extremely well and I started a thread on here with pictures. Jeff had looked at the used cat before the install and had said it looked good. They bolted everything up and I was off, permagrin firmly in place.

A few days later I threw a code P2187. After a little research it looked as though the cause could be an exhaust leak so I ran the car over to Zorro for a look. Darren checked it over and it looked as though it was leaking where the cat bolted to the turbo. He took the cat off and the flange was bent and bend pretty bad. Keep in mind that I didn't buy this cat from Solo although it was a cat that had been bought from them originally. I purchased it second hand. That flange is heavy so it took some doing to bend it. They make the cat there as all Solo cats are made in Welland by hand and I can tell you that after looking at thier process and the jigs that they use, there is no way it left the "factory" like that.

Jeff and Darren nor had I, thought to look at the flange when they checked the cat over before it was installed. The don't bend on their own and it certainly wasn't their fault that it was bent. It was like that when I bought it used.

It wasn't a problem at all. There is a machine shop down the road from the Zorro Muffler so Darren hopped in his truck and went down there to get it machined straight. We had tried to straighten in in a vice but it wasn't to be. Someone had over torqued it with the wrong gasket or something to bend it that bad.

Well Darren came back with the newly machined cat in about 15 minutes while I told Frenchy, the manager in Welland, how much the Solstice community appreciates the great service that we get from them. Darren bolted the cat on the car after his return, we cleared the code, checked for leaks and all is well now. Darren and Jeff asked me to bring it back in a week or two to check it but I don't anticipate any problems and that new gasket is the cat's ass.

Great products? Damn right. But great products won't cut it without the service to match and Solo has that in spades. Same as you BirdLiver, I was prepared to pay as it really wasn't their fault but there was no charge. There isn't much more to say other than,

"Thanks Solo Performance!"
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

lil goat

Re: Thanks Solo Performance
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »
Since the very first time I dealt with Jeff, he has blown me a way, they set a standard by which others are judged. I was going to get and exhaust from them for my NA, then all of the sudden there was a GXP in my driveway, I will never go to lunch with a car salesman again, even a free lunch, I PM'd Jeff everything had changed and now I was broke but now wanted an exhaust for my GXP. He was having a sale on the then "New" Street Race, I was broke. He was like I will hold one a the sale price for you, and even offered to ship it to me and just pay when I could, WHAT! No one does that, I waited a little while and didn't accept his offer but WOW! I have beed a rapid, I mean avid supporter ever since. (by the way that pesky car salesman is calling again wants me to drive a G8 GXP, not gonna do it )