Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Folding stool from Walkstool  (Read 2317 times)

lil goat

Folding stool from Walkstool
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »
I do a lot of events in my free time where I stand for log periods of time selling raffle tickets, I also end up standing for long periods when I am at Drift Races shooting pictures, I have bad knees and hips and this was killing me. I wanted a folding stool. I looked a long time to find one. The prerequisite were that it be sturdy I am no small guy and that it be tall, and be light and easy to carry. I actually found what I was looking for and have used it. It is great!

It is 26" high so much taller than most weighs a whopping 2.5 lb's and folds up and goes in a small bag that will even fit in the saddle bags on my bike, or the Solstice trunk it will also support up to 550 lbs! That is even enough for me. This little stool is just what I needed but it is expensive at $89.99 from Amazon. I don't care it works and has made my quality of life better and enabled me to keep doing some things I love to do, I can't wait to use it at a race. It even has a heavy cord so you can put it over your shoulder when carrying it and free up your hands.

Pro's: It is 26" tall, lightweight, strong and easy to carry and comfortable. It folds up and is very compact when not in use.

Con's: It is expensive but to me worth every penny.

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
Re: Folding stool from Walkstool
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »
Just think, if you buy three more they can double as jack stands.  :devil:
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
I've been looking at that very stool, as it would fit so nicely in the Solstice when we travel.

lg, is it truly worth $90?

I'm a cheap old Scot-Irishman, and I pinch every penny I spend that I don't pour into my Solstice!!  :D
I'd rather be driving! :D

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
For me it was, should it cost this much probably not, but there is nothing else that you do not have to squat down to sit on. I have the folding chairs you get from Wally world they are great until I have to get up. This is so small and compact most of the time it just stays in the car. It is also very sturdy for being as light as it is, I will be packing it in my luggage to bring to Vegas.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »
I have several of these and they are great when traveling to a car show and you need a place to sit. 

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:07:15 AM »
This is not your typical $19.95 version, those were to short for me and when I sat on them it was just a matter of time before I was sitting on the ground, that are not for fat a$$ people. I actually saw this the first time on a Big And Tall web site or what Rodney Dangerfield called a short and fat web site.

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »
The accountant has approved my further investigation. As she is only 5' tall, the 26" version would be like a bar stool to her. :D I'm looking at a pair of the 22" versions. Will have to wait until the first of the month, though, as this month's disposable income has been disposed. :lol:

lil goat

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
I am bringing mine to Vegas, one of the reasons I bought it, bet it will look weird on an x-ray. I have seen 5' people sit on mine even kids with no issue.

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
That's cool, but I'm betting we buy before then. :D 

I need to see if I can find one local to actually "lay hands on."