Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Hello...
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:15:31 PM »
Finally got around to signing up on this forum. Been a member over on www.skyroadster.com/forums for almost a year now.

My search for a new car started not long after I bought my '07 Civic EX coupe in August '08. I went from an old Ford pickup with tons of torque on tap, to an Asian car with zero torque to speak of. The Civic is a nice car, but I really missed the "stomp and go" power the pickup had. Started looking at Mustang GT convertibles, then gas soared to $4 a gallon.  :censor:

So, I started looking at cars that better mileage while still being sporty. Always kinda liked the Solstice, then I saw a Sky and was won over by the Opel Speedster inspired styling. (The Speedster has always been one of my favorite cars.) No dealer in my area had what I wanted, Pontiac or Saturn. The cars that did come close were saddled with automatic transmissions. :mad:

Test drove an automatic Carbon Flash Redline on June 13th, 2008. Ordered my Sky that night. Picked it up August 4, 2008. The car has been my daily driver ever since. Over 17k miles later, I am still very satisfied with the car, and have no plans to get rid of it. After the car is paid of I plan on getting a pickup or jeep for a daily driver, and turning the Sky into a race car/vacation car. Especially if they build the planned Tatton motorsports park here.

Specs:
2009 Black Onyx Saturn Sky Redline
Manual Transmission
Black leather
Monsoon stereo
6-disk CD/MP3 changer
Stubby Antenna

Mods:
"Redline" Wind Restrictor-Invaluable for reducing cockpit noise with the top down
K&N Air Filter
35% tint, side and rear windows :cool:
ASAP Graphics windshield surround/rear deck vinyl wrap kit. Didn't do the greatest job installing this, but it'll do till I get around to having the silver areas painted black.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum, thanks for the intro...  See you at the meet.

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »
Yep, I'll be there!
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum Uranium-238.  Glad to have another Sky Redline member on the board. 
GXPinKC
Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline GTO3296

• Tech
  • I'm growing older, but refuse to grow up!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:30:58 AM »
Welcome to this great forum Uranium-238. You will and probably have found a wealth of good information. One question, why the name Uranium-238? Why not U-235 (or do you figure people might consider you too unstable)?
07 GXP, Aggressive, manual, sport pedals, top liner, leather w/red stitching, XM/6 disc Monsoon, AC, Spoiler, Color Keyed Splash Guards, windrestricter, open exhaust (local shop), BOV spring, slotted/dimpled rotors & painted calipers, DDM Backbone
Other vehs - 66 GTO, 98 Firebird Formula (many mods), 08 GMC Sierra Denali, 01 Harley Ultra (Screaming Eagle mods).

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »
Welcome to the best forum that is really about Kappas, and not about crap. We like it this way and hope that you will too. Nice to see more Sky RLs showing up over here also.  :thumbs:

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
Yo Uranium
Good to see you over here
 :thumbs:

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
Welcome to this great forum Uranium-238. You will and probably have found a wealth of good information. One question, why the name Uranium-238? Why not U-235 (or do you figure people might consider you too unstable)?
Because yours truly relied on memory instead of double checking things...It's cool though, depleted uranium has its uses.
Welcome to the best forum that is really about Kappas, and not about crap. We like it this way and hope that you will too. Nice to see more Sky RLs showing up over here also.  :thumbs:
Thanks! After reading about how this forum was started, I'm all for it. Seems I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
Yo Uranium
Good to see you over here
 :thumbs:
Hi elff!
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 06:09:50 AM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

lil goat

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
Unstable is good I like unstable!

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
Welcome U-238, always good to have another Saturn join up!
Keep Chopping!!!