Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Almost had my Goose cooked  (Read 2017 times)

lil goat

Almost had my Goose cooked
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »
At the mod meet on Friday Dr. Love and the Smooth Criminal (Dave and Randy) installed my HKS coilovers and my Pro-Beam. I was busy with the events for Rolling Thunder until today (Monday) figured I better go check the new stuff out. My car is now probably 2" lower but have no issue's yet other than feeling very short. I was out in the country just cranking thru the twisties when I came around a corner at about 65 I suddenly noticed a mother goose and her goslings in my lane they were right in front of me I mean they were wearing camo and all so I had not seen them. No problem swerve around them right, nope incoming Mustang at about 65 sooooo hard left miss the geese, hard right miss the Mustang, bet he thought I was nuts, doubt he could see the geese. The car stayed perfectly flat handles the maneuver easily and I went down the road. I doubt I would have tried with the stock coilovers as I just never had that kind of faith in them. The HKS are FANTASTIC, and I pushed them hard. It is a very different car to drive. This is an expensive mod, and certainly not for everyone but for what I like to do worth my car is was easily worth it, I am no longer driving at the edge of what the car can do, not even close. The car tracks well and is very easy to keep in my own lane. VERY important run the VA. backroads. I can also finally really see how good my RE-01's are, I think the tires were better than the suspension before. I can also feel the addes effect of the Pro-beam, on take offs the car plants the power so much better than before. To me if you but a Wester's tune the Pro-Beam should come with it.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Re: Almost had my Goose cooked
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
Sounds awesome lil goat.  I would say without the Westers Tune, HKS coilovers and Pro-Beam, you might have taken out the mother goose and goslings and quite possibly the Mustang as well.  I do envy your ride!
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Ben L

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »
 :agree: 

With the DDM chassis gear and coilovers, these cars handle like they are on rails, and can really harness the power of the Wester's tune.  Check out Saturday's Bowie autox pictures on the Racing forum to see how flat my GXP was cornering at speed on a similar setup.

Told ya, Goat!!   :devil:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »
I was going to ask how you liked them,  I had them bring my car back up an inch, I was pushing gravel on Joe's road :)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Ben L

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »
Well, now that you mention that, same pix show that you could not fit a sheet of paper between the bottom edge of the air dam and the pavement on the loaded side of the suspension in a hard turn.  With the car static, I have about 1/4 inch of clearance on the air dam flap. 

I am considering the plastic flap a consumable item, and resisting the temptation to crank 'em up 3/8" or so.  It feels so good!!

How's yours hanging, Goat?

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »
Problem is on the N/A setup that flap forces air up to the radiator, we don't have the extra slash across the bottom.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Ben L

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 04:50:20 PM »
Wondered about that. . . Think the same is true on the GXPs?

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »
It probably does, but you do have that extra intake.   We found out about the air dam when one of the early Hanhns turbos tore his off on the way to the 1st nationals and his car ran very hot the rest of the trip

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »
Mine are set exactly the way they came out of the box, they weighed the car and it was dead on even with me in it, maybe I should have taken my x-wife out of the trunk. it is VERY low but only minor scrapings so far, I even went down a 10 mile gravel road today by accident. My lower bumper is already pretty messed up so I am going to leave it alone for now. The ride is just so stable and I will never wear out a set of brakes don't use 'em anymore except in traffic. Dr. Love and the Smooth Criminal did a great job, don't ask me about FedEx. I will get some pictures after I get a chance to wash the car, was a very busy weekend for me, and when I got back it rained.