Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Just Installed - Dual Cone Intake - Big Bore Throttle Body - Long Tube Headers!!  (Read 4063 times)

Offline EndiSky

• Tech
Last week I got a little carried away with the visual mods on my car with the wheels and tires + Eibach Sportlines... The balance just wasn't there!!! 

Yesterday I spent a good part of the morning with Wes @ Saturn Motorsports in Temecula and got a few toys installed.

First was the Big Bore Throttle Body

Then Came the Dual Cone Fujita CAI

Here is a pic of Wes (The owner) installing my new SHORTY headers!!!

Here are the stock headers compared to the new headers

And finally the new headers installed!

*** edited to correct terminology of headers (learning experience!!!) ***

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:13:16 PM by EndiSky »

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Not to be picky but that is not a long tube header.
The one below is a long tube header.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline EndiSky

• Tech
Well it is longer!!!

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
I like that dual cone CAI, very cool looking.  The header should let things flow a lot better too.  So did you notice a nice improvement??
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Long tube header will run the entire height of the engine and dump under the car.  He then have to add a cat between them and the current exhaust, which in most cases has to be cut to accommadate the extra lenght of the header and cat.  Those equal lenght short tube headers do a good job as well.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
I believe if you compare your existing throttle body to the SMS one, it is the same size.  I got to see one at the DDM Shop.

lil goat

I think to pep up the 2.4 the shorter tube header might be preferable. It will give you more low end than the long tube, which tends to improve high end. I wish I could see the dang pictures here at work.

Offline EndiSky

• Tech
I appreciate the responses here... to be honest, before I got my kappa a year ago, I didn't even know what powdercoating was... I have learned so much from everyone here and on the BB. 

With regards to the power difference, I will post what I replied to Tazz via email...
As for the changes to the car, I have noticed a significantly different feel with the three mods installed, they were all installed @ the same time.

The car has slightly better take off but @ about 3700-4000 rpm you can really feel it start to push hard.  Some people say there car is a "whol new car" after certain mods... I would give this a 56% new car status!!!

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
In the end that's what's important, if you are happy with the "return on investment" then job well done!
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Ben L

Concur with Goat comment re low end help.  If it gives the grunt you want, its all good.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
The reason for my comment was not to say something negative about the header he has installed, but to make sure, that other folks looking at this thread do not confuse what a long tube header is, with what is on the picture he is showing, specially when he called it a long tube header.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline EndiSky

• Tech
That is exactly how I took it LatinVenom... I spent alot of time under the car messing with those headers... learned alot... aparently missed a few details!!!

Offline tommyO

• Apprentice/Gofer
Great mods, looking very good :cool:
Enjoy the extra umpf, money well spent, :2c:
later
tommyO
 :cheers:
Every day above ground is a good day. Let's go for a drive.