Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Need of some plastic parts for my Opel GT  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Need of some plastic parts for my Opel GT
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »
Hi guys,

I need some help from over there.

Due the touch with a border of the sidewalk I have broken some parts from front right side.
I need the hard plastic deflectors (this way we call them) which are right under the front bumper in central (under the intercooler) and right side, also I need the plastic behind the right wheel.

The prices around here are outrageous. The plastic defector behind the right wheel costs $250 and the front under the bumper plastics about $60.

I think these parts are identical with those from Saturn Sky Redline 2008 can someone help me with a site I tried on gmpartsdirect.com with no luck or can someone request a price to a dealership/parts store from over there?

I have the possibility to receive them in US to a friend of mine if the shipping is not available for Europe.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also I'm curios how much is a stock intercooler over there.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

lil goat

Re: Need of some plastic parts for my Opel GT
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »
I don't have a Sky so don't know exactly what parts you are talking about, sounds like you hit a curb, been there done that, that's why I have a Dejon intercooler. The stock one here is I think $389, but I would never buy one.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
lil goat: I think I will head over to Dejon for IC I hope they will deliver to Europe, my stock IC is barely touched but because I saw many cases when stock IC mushroomed I have decided to change it now and not after some months as planned.
My main concern is about those 2 plastic pieces, the that one which is behind the wheel and protects the engine area not to get dirty and that under the bumper which is below IC.
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »
Sounds like you will need a whole new front bumper cover and a quarter panel.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »
The plastic behind the right wheel:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
I think you call it right side inner fender which here is $250 at dealership.

Still struggling to find a picture for the plastics under the front bumper.

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »
Yes that is called the inner fender liner here. They are $68 here list and $45 from NewGMparts.com

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
woot woot, thanks goat, that is for Solstice or for Sky?
Tomorrow I will get my car out of the paint shop and make some pictures to identify the parts correctly.
Also I will visit the dealership maybe I can make them to tell me the part # even I risk to be kicked in the a$$, they don't allow to tell you the part # in general and if you look like you want to order it and change your mind after you find out the part # they will make your life miserable next time when you visit them.

lil goat

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »
That was for the Solstice part, they didn't have any Sky listings

Offline madmods

• Tech
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 01:11:15 PM »
Kelu,
Head over to the american version of ebay. They have different versions for all the different countries. There are a ton of parts. Make sure you also click into the section the bottom of the page  that says "additional items or ebay stores"
Is your car a right hand drive?

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »
lil goat I'm sure the price is not far from Sky
madmods No sir, mine is left hand driver as yours, I generally try to avoid ebay and use a company/site even I pay a little more the prices over there at half maximum I need email communication/avoid problems/Europe disposal shipping/etc.
I did a search on ebay but nothing close to what I need:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Car-Truck-Parts_?LH_SellerWithStore=1&Make=Saturn&Model=Sky&Model%2520Year=2009%7C2008%7C2007&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A1171&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_ipg=200&_mqf=0&_myi=2007-2009&_qfkw=1&_sacat=6030&_sas=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_pgn=1
I hope i made the criteria correctly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:34:25 PM by Kelu »