Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DashHawk (MSD) Version 2.5.1 for sale :SOLD  (Read 4218 times)

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
DashHawk (MSD) Version 2.5.1 for sale :SOLD
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »
I have the unit, the cable, the original shipping box and CD (but you'll want to download the most current software version from MSD) and mounting bracket.  New was $299.00   It works great, but I'm thinking of moving to an iPod based OBDII reader.  Bought for Christmas 2008, so it has not seen much use, it is in grade A condition.
For more info go to the www.dashhawk.com website.  You'll need some new velcro for the back.

PM me if interested!  I will sell to the first $175 offer, or the best "reasonable" offer.

sunnygator
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:00:07 AM by DeepBlueGXP »
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: DashHawk (MSD) Version 2.5.1 for sale $175 or best offer
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
I don't know too many things about this toy.
May I ask people which used this:
1) Says I can do logs, what kind of logs, I'm interested if the logs will be for usage to read the parameters of my ECM (tune) so I can send them to Lyndon for little tweaks?
2) Error codes are working good with our cars? They delete them?
3) There is any place where this can be mounted as part of the dash or something, I hate to have something on my windshield.
4) Sunnygator are you willing to ship it?
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:56:25 PM »
Pmed you the info.
Just waiting for the invoice so I can PP you the $$

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
Looks like it's sold to tazz.......just emailed a paypal invoice.....

sunnygator
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »
Just sent payment.
Thanks

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
I don't know too many things about this toy.
May I ask people which used this:
1) Says I can do logs, what kind of logs, I'm interested if the logs will be for usage to read the parameters of my ECM (tune) so I can send them to Lyndon for little tweaks?
2) Error codes are working good with our cars? They delete them?
3) There is any place where this can be mounted as part of the dash or something, I hate to have something on my windshield.
4) Sunnygator are you willing to ship it?

Kelu,

tazz sent me the PM first, deal is worked out, shipping it to him.

But I can answer some of your questions if you are looking to get one somewhere else.

You can log any four of the OBD parameters that you select.  Not sure if Lyndon would tweak a tune based on a DashHawk log, but you can monitor lots of things.  Others might be able to give you a better sense of that.  I've monitored MAP, TMAP, MAF, cylinder misfires (separately), RPM, speed, spark advance, coolant temp, etc.

Most of the parameters listed here can be logged - a few don't work though, and give "0" for the output.

http://dashhawk.com/parameters.html

As for clearing codes, it works fine.  I have both read and cleared them, no issues.

As for mounting, it only comes with a small aluminum bracket, not a very elegant solution.  I used the velcro that came with it to attach it to my iPod holder, which worked well for me.....I think I've seen some more elegant solutions on the "other" forum.

As I said, I liked the DashHawk very much, I'm just going to try a new system that runs on an iPod Touch...

sunnygator

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 04:28:03 AM »
sunnygator Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Congrats for both of you for a nice fast sale.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Great transaction, Fantastic deal, Top Notch Communication and Fast Shipping = Very Happy Buyer & Seller.
Wish all online transactions could go this smooth.  Couldn't ask for more from the seller.
Mark

Offline JeffInDFW

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 03:22:28 AM »
Hey Gator...what is the name of the app for the iPhone?  Let us know how it goes with that.....

Offline Excelsior

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: DashHawk (MSD) Version 2.5.1 for sale :SOLD
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
iRev
---==--- ---==--- Bruiser ---==--- ---==---
|http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335365|
---==--- ---==--- --==-- ---==--- ---==---
Attendee: 2010 NASSM | 2011 SMMM8

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 05:57:15 PM »
Hey Gator...what is the name of the app for the iPhone?  Let us know how it goes with that.....

yep it's Rev. http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

I ordered the WiFi OBDII, but it is on backorder for now......when I get it, I'll post a new thread with some screenshots, etc.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
tazz   ;   sounds like you do alot of ebay feedbacks     LOL
Great transaction, Fantastic deal, Top Notch Communication and Fast Shipping = Very Happy Buyer & Seller.
Wish all online transactions could go this smooth.  Couldn't ask for more from the seller.
Mark

Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »
LOL
Way too many purchases on Ebay just kind of rolls off my tongue.