Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: A Rant with Saturn Parts...  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Marc's Carbon Flash

• Tech
A Rant with Saturn Parts...
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »
So today was mine and my wife’s day off. So she says lets clean the garage today. A little garage time, hell yes. I back out the HHR and the Redline. So as I get out of the RL, the door comes back and my knee goes right through the speaker cover on the driver’s door.  :banghead: Ok I call my local Saturn dealer, thinking maybe $20.00. NOPE “Um sorry sir, but that is part of the door panel.  It will be $450.00”. I have no further comment, except I will be right down with my shotgun because you are committing a robbery.

Ladies and gentlemen we are gonna pay through the nose to keep these kappa in showroom condition for 20 years.
2008 Sky Red Line Special Edition
Carbon Flash with Silver Factory Striping
3 Pedals / 5 Speeds
Black and Light Titanium Leather
Delivered on July 19, 2008
GMR Tuned
MagnaFlow- Cat Back 3" Performance Exhaust
Dejon- Chrome IC pipes /  Chrome Lower Turbo Intake Pipe / Chrome Engine Cover
DDM- Backbone / Probeam / Oil Can Catch
LVFCB (Red)

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: A Rant with Saturn Parts...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »
Man that sucks, check car-parts.com for a replacement door panel.
Ric

Offline Mac

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
Buy after market speaker they come with covers pluss you get better sound.  Its not just a kappa that has built in covers, about ALL cars do today.  

Show room condition? DONT DRIVE IT, put in a sealed air tight box and note that says DO not OPEN til 2050.

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »
What G8TR said!
Bought 2 spare ECMs from totaled Redlines for $100.00 each including shipping! They work in the GXP by the way.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline JPM

• JPMCoachworks.com
  • Vendor
  • Master Tech
    • JPM Coach Works
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »
So today was mine and my wife’s day off. So she says lets clean the garage today. A little garage time, hell yes. I back out the HHR and the Redline. So as I get out of the RL, the door comes back and my knee goes right through the speaker cover on the driver’s door.  :banghead: Ok I call my local Saturn dealer, thinking maybe $20.00. NOPE “Um sorry sir, but that is part of the door panel.  It will be $450.00”. I have no further comment, except I will be right down with my shotgun because you are committing a robbery.

Ladies and gentlemen we are gonna pay through the nose to keep these kappa in showroom condition for 20 years.

Do you have power locks?  If not, I have a spare outer panel here I'd be happy to swap out for you plus some loose change.  It's from a solstice but I'm pretty sure the outer is the same.

If you go the used part route, I just bought a pretty much new set of doors for about $350.  Hunt on  www.car-part.com

Other options would be to buy a new aftermarket grill.  Or if you're in the experimental mood, I've been wanting to do a stainless mesh grill in a set of doors for a while.

-Joe

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
Keeping ANY car in show room condition for 20 years will cost a fortune !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Bosch

• Tech
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »
Sh$t happens buy a used part and move on.. I know it sucks but stupid stuff that like that happens. I've had a can of coke that a friends kid left in the back seat of my PT get thrown forward when I did a panic stop, 6 years later still got stains on the headliner nothing I can do about it. The can hit a seat braket and exploded. Its life you clean up the mess and move on..

my advice from now on though - tuck in your knees.. ;)
LiquidPT has the Mysterious GXP Coupe, I drive the tool wagon the modded 03 PT GT Stage? yes its fast....

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »

Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing