Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Formula Drift Interviews  (Read 1268 times)

lil goat

Formula Drift Interviews
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »
I figured I would just lump these together as I interviewed quite a few people:

Rhys Millen: So what do you think about the new car: I like it I like it a lot. It has a lot more power than the Solstice.
 What problems are you having: We still have a few bugs in the steering to work out for Drifting but it is fantastic for Time Attack, we do Pikes Peak next week, and in testing we are running several seconds faster than the Solstice.
Any other issue: The tires, I really love these Toyo Tires but they don't make them wide enough for the power we are making, we had the same issue last year with the GTO. Tanner Foust is running similar power and weight and a 305, we can only get a 265.
 Good luck on Pikes Peak: Thanks!

Ryan Tuerck: How's the car: running very well no issue's, I love the new rear bumper from Norm. (he later tore it off on the wall)
How's the track here: It is fast, we come in off the chute at close to 90 and do almost a 90 degree turn at the first clipping point, very tough. The pavement is over 140 degree's it's HOT.
Gary Gardella team owner walks up asks me and Chemist and AdamVIP and EndiSky what we think of the RK Sport bumper:  I like it the others gave mixed reviews, Gary says they are catching a lot of flack for the bumper. They have to run, practice is starting.

Darren McNamara: So Darren, how has the death of Michael Jackson impacted you: (yes I really asked him that) He laughs. Darren where do you live? I still live in Ireland, I fly over for every race.
 Any plans on moving to the states: Yes maybe, it is very expensive to live in Ireland right now.
Tell us about driving the Sky, why so much better this year: We had some suspension issue's last year an you pretty much could just steer with the throttle, it's much better this year. I can control the car a lot better. How did you get into drifting: I bought a couple of DVD's when I was younger and just thought it looked like fun I had a old Toyota Corola and they are great drift cars so I started goofing around in parking lots, and then some amateur events. I think got into Formula D as a privateer and finally got sponsored. I saw you do a perfect 10 last year, then spin out what happened: I followed Dai and got the 10, then when I led the next run I gave it to much power and couldn't hang on.
What do you think of the Sky: I love it has tons of power and drives really well now the guys at ASD have done a great job, it's a beast with almost 700 hp.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:50:51 PM by lil goat »

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Formula Drift Interviews
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »
great to have such lines around here, enjoyed every word

TY lil goat
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

lil goat

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
I will try and add more as I remember things, I spoke with Tanner Foust mostly about his TV show. Time to go home.

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »
Hello Im a little confused which bumper were they getting flack about, and yes they did order a new rear bumper. Thanks Norm

Ryan Tuerck: How's the car: running very well no issue's, I love the new rear bumper from Norm. (he later tore it off on the wall)
How's the track here: It is fast, we come in off the chute at close to 90 and do almost a 90 degree turn at the first clipping point, very tough. The pavement is over 140 degree's it's HOT.
Gary Gardella team owner walks up asks me and Chemist and AdamVIP and EndiSky what we think of the RK Sport bumper:  I like it the others gave mixed reviews, Gary says they are catching a lot of flack for the bumper. They have to run, practice is starting.

lil goat

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »
The RK Sport FRONT bumper, no one had seen yours yet Norm, would have been kind of hard for people to give them any flack about it, all of us there loved the rear bumper, even after it came off the car. By the way LOTS of bumpers came off last weekend, some front and some rear.