Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Last call for Santana Cup Holders!! Only a few left!!  (Read 4832 times)

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • go for broke, or stay home
Last call for Santana Cup Holders!! Only a few left!!
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
So we are down to just a few left. If you are unfamiliar with our product, they are an aftermarket replacement for the crappy factory cup holder on passenger side. They come in polished aluminum and black anodized. We have 10 black and 9 polished left. After these are gone, we are not sure when or if we'll make more. The machine shop called and said they had a few left over, so we grabbed them and are offering them here.

We have had great response from the batch of 60+ holders sold. Check out Kappa under cup holders Santana and there are pictures and testimonials. If you're tired of replacing the plastic junk, replace it with billet aluminum trickness.  $150 plus $10 shipping US

This posting is only on Kappaperformance, you guys rock!
You can order them from www.santanainteriors.com
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:39:58 AM by DeepBlueGXP »
never run out of asphalt, brake, or real estate at the same time!!

Offline RichSol

• Tech
What ever happened to...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »
...Santana Interiors?? I love my new cupholder, but weren't they considering making replacement metal door handles, and other things? What happened? Not enough interest or what? Their old website doesn't even show the new cupholders. And the one this thread mentioned hasn't been built yet. I see they are still listed as a vendor, so I'm confused. (Which doesn't take much doing.)

I hope they are still around. I would love to get more car stuff from them.
'07 GXP - Loaded  3/19/2007 - 5  Speed auto
Black - Charcoal Leather red stitching- LSD - Monsoon - MP3 - OnStar - XM - A/C - ABS - Cruise - 5 Speed Auto- Fog lamps - GXP Floormats - Chrome wheels - Sport pedals - leather visor covers  - Sprintbooster & GXP Stage kit on order

"Original Sol" 2006 2.4 - 5 speed manual
Black - Sand/Steel leather - Delivered Oct '05 - Said goodbye Mar '07 -  It was a hell of great ride!

-my other vehicle is a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited-

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: LAST CALL FOR SANTANA CUP HOLDERS!! ONLY A FEW LEFT!!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
Are there any left?

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • go for broke, or stay home
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »
yes, we're still around. yes, we still have a few cup holders left. yes, we were/are still considering other items, a/c, shift rings, yadda yadda. but as i have a full time job, the products have taken a bit of a back seat. if there is something super hot, let's hear it. the door handle bases are still a good idea. and maybe with the GM thing they might be more needed. again, this is a sideline thing for me, so please be patient.
never run out of asphalt, brake, or real estate at the same time!!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »
I know the cup holders LOOK better than the original and are far more durable, but do they actually hold a cup any better than the original?  That's the biggest issue between me and finding the $150 :)

Please, will any (uninterested) customers chime in?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline RichSol

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
It's more than cosmetics when your cupholder starts to fall apart and you find out you have to pay about $130 for another crappy plastic one.  Mine just about fell apart getting it out. I don't anticipate ever having to replace the new one. Certainly worth the extra 20 bucks.
Black - Charcoal Leather red stitching- LSD - Monsoon - MP3 - OnStar - XM - A/C - ABS - Cruise - 5 Speed Auto- Fog lamps - GXP Floormats - Chrome wheels - Sport pedals - leather visor covers  - Sprintbooster & GXP Stage kit on order

Black - Sand/Steel leather - Delivered Oct '05 - Said goodbye Mar '07 -  It was a hell of great ride!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Last call for Santana Cup Holders!! Only a few left!!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »
My wife's 09 Coupe stock cupholder is already acting up. 

Offline RichSol

• Tech
Re: Last call for Santana Cup Holders!! Only a few left!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
BTW I know some purchasers went to the extra effort of putting nuts and/or other hardware on the inside of the console when they installed their Santana's. I did it the easy way, just adding the screws on the outside. Months later and I have had absolutely no problems with the simple install method.

I would say this is easily the most quality item in my Sol cabin. I show it to everyone who rides with me.

I hope Santana decides to do the shifter base (auto version) next. I am noticing small pinpoint dents in the crappy plastic chrome. Even wiping off dust seems to mar it over time. When I admire my new cupholder, I can't help notice the difference in quality, and lack of.