Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: H&R lowering springs  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
H&R lowering springs
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:46:40 AM »
regarding the H&R set 40/50mm (1.6/2 inches) lowering springs , i wanted to lower the center of gravity of the car (also add ponts to the looks of it  :drool: )
so i went for these springs with the standard Bilstein sport shocks
what i ve felt driving is that the springs handle much better the weight of the car at turns (difficult to explain that in english-swift of the weight may be the expression).
also from the apex and on with throttle, the car slightly drifts its way out of the corner, which is very nice feeling. it sure makes the handle much better.

here are 2 pics from before and after (not from the same angle but the difference is noticeable)

stock
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4415/p1020088.jpg
H&R
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5435/img2923ywu.jpg
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: H&R lowering springs
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
Nice to hear that this has worked out well for you. The visual improvement is notable - quite nice! Have you had any trouble with ground clearance?
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: H&R lowering springs
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »
no trouble with ground clearance so far, but i m always carefull on this one. after all, greek roads are not the best quality... as you imply, one has to be more carefull of this issue after lowering. but the handling and looks really pay you back (at least paid ME back)!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB