Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Review: JPM lumbar support  (Read 1900 times)

lil goat

Review: JPM lumbar support
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
I got the support about 2 weeks ago while my car was in the shop, it is a very clever very simple design. I finally installed it last Saturday. It was very easy to install really does only take 5 minutes, you just unzip the seat cover wire tie the device to the existing seat frame supports and zip the seat back up with the tube and pump hanging out. I found as I think most people will I put way to much air in it to start, I wanted to feel it. It will easily make a nice bump in the seat. After driving a bit I found this to be way more than what is needed, it is easy to bleed off a little air and after I bead off air about 3 times it is really great. I have it so the seat just touches my lower back, gives me just the added support I needed and is barely noticeable. I am really really glad Joe came up with this, I have a bad back and it really helps. I have heated seats and this should put more of the seat in contact with my back as well for more warmth. Thanks Joe for another gadget well done.

Pro's: It works as designed, is VERY easy to install and really helps with my bad back, gives me just enough added support. I love it, I have the first one Joe did and Joe I hope you don't want it back, you can't have it. I'm keeping it. I may even get one for the other seat in case I ever have a passenger.

Con'S: Not sure if this is a con as it is really user error, you can put to much air in it and it becomes a bit uncomfortable, easy to fix let some air out. I can't think of any other con's at all.

Here is the link to order $65:
http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=162
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:11:06 PM by lil goat »

Offline crappa

• Tech
  • What Do I Want To Be When I Grow Up? In Denial
Re: Review: JPM lumbar support
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
I installed one of these in November of 09.  :agree: with Comedian 100%, (except I haven't over inflated it). After my first ride, my back didn't ache at all.  :yay:
I had been using a small pillow, which was too much, but helped. So I knew this would be at least as good, but turned out much, much better. The car was parked for winter soon after I installed it, so this coming season should be better than the last. Thanks Joe, I know I will enjoy the car even more.
Paul

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
Awesome information Comedian and crappa.  I have been waiting for something like this to provide better lumbar support in the lower back regiion.  Our 2000 Lincoln Navigator has similiar inflatable lumbar support in the back and seat of the driver chair that provides firmness from low to high by pushing the button, as well as heat and cooling in the perferated leather drivers seat and you have 1-5 settings for comfort levels in heat or cooling.  I swear it is awsome in the winter to have the warm back and seat set on 5 and in the summer to have the cooling coils in the seat set on 5.  The seats are actually cold to touch.

To get back to topic, thanks for the thread.  I believe I will follow through and order it from JPM.  With my back the firmness will feel great!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:00:29 PM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
I put one in each seat at the last mod meet.  Love it and now with the heated seat  :)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia