Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Turbo kits  (Read 1327 times)

DarkSlySol

Turbo kits
« on: August 05, 2009, 11:57:01 PM »
Does anyone kno the break-in period on a turbo kit?

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Turbo kits
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »
What parts on a turbo are you thinking have to wear in?  I have installed several turbos, mind you in airplanes, but I have never seen a "break in period" for them.  The big concern was always making sure the right oil was used and that the oil lines were properly bleed because of the nature of the bearings and just how short they will last if run without oil.  The other concern was that the scavenge pump had to work properly because otherwise oil could actually back up in the turbo and blow the seals in it but this is mainly an aircraft issue because of the manor in which they are installed.  I can't say without a doubt that things would be the same for a car turbo but in theory the two are pretty similar.

Its not like piston rings and how they need to wear in to seal properly so I don't know what would have to be broken in.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline opjohn

• Tech
Re: Turbo kits
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »
Sol Asylum is correct.... no break in period.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2007 - 2.4 - Black - Hahn Stage 3, Hahn Hi-Flow CAT, Solo SQR-2, Foose Nitrous 20's with 452 Falken tires, Norm's Finned Diffuser & Fenders, GReddy BOV & PRofec-B Spec-II B/C, Autometer Mech Boost & Electric Oil Temp gauges, DDM Two gauge A-Pillar POD & Powdercoated valve & engine covers, Illuminated WR, JPM Centre Console, Arm Rests & Visor Covers, ASAP Front, Side, Rear Light Covers & Custom Fuse Box Cover, Stubby Antenna, SprintBooster, DDM Street Backbone, BC Coilovers, Z0K Sway bars