Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Drag Racing in Romania  (Read 13068 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Drag Racing in Romania
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 05:29:28 AM »
Congratulations Kelu!  You are the man!  We are so proud of how you hold up the Kappa community over there.  My 8 year old watched your drag videos and was very interested in how you did.  Next time, quietly deflate one of the tires on the BMW...   :thumbs:
Thanks, jonymac, next time when I will go to such competition will be in September when I will have Dejon's IC, Solo catless tb and upgraded tune and I'm aiming to brake into 12s when I will say bye bye to that BMW M3 ;)

Another 2 presentation movies from that weekend:
http://vimeo.com/5218508

http://vimeo.com/5217281
This one is made by our car club Media Team
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:50:53 AM by DeepBlueGXP »
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »
Love the car wash scene on the first video

Offline jonymac

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »
Yeah Kelu - when you do come visit us someday, please bring the car wash girls with you to the Md. Mod Meet...
Performance Mods
- Wester’s Race Tune
- RPI Stage 2 IC and Dejon Piping
- RPI GT Exhaust and Catless Race DP
- Fujita CAI
- Saturn Motorsports Big Bore TB
- Dejon Intake TB Elbow
- Sprintbooster
- DDM Race Backbone & ProBeam
- Z0K Rear End

Other Mods
- Painted engine cover, calipers, caliper decals
- Demoneyes
- Seq Turn Signals, Pulsing 3rd Brake Light, Side Marker Mod, Auto on Fogs
- Custom Tempered Glass Windscreen
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- JPM Doorpads, Beltloops, Console, Shroud, Handles
- Flash2Pass
- Sound Deadener
- Kenwood Excelon DNX996XR, Infinity speakers, amp

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »
jonymac will do that, just missing some thousands of $ to achieve this  :lol:

Meantime I will go a smaller drag race on 25th of July but because different grouping classification (car with stock power between 250-300hp or 4x4 cars with stock power 220-260hp no matter the upgrades) I don't have many chances, no time trackers, only pyramidal races and not able to get the upgrades in the time. Just ordered Dejon IC and still missing some hundreds for the exhaust.

The main even will be in King of Europe in September, is something like West Europe vs East Europe on drag.

I want to let you know guys I did over 50 drag races and only one had better take off than mine (except 4x4): Porsche Cayman. On take off I was better vs cars like BMW 335i, BMW M3, BMW 325i Turbo, Honda S200, BMW Z4, Nissan 350Z, VW Golf GTI, etc
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
First, thanks go out to DeepBlueGXP for alerting me to this thread.  Next, Kelu the video's in Romania are "AWSOME"!  Loved all of them.  Yes, it would be nice if you could import those beauties in the video to Joe's backyard where they would be allowed to wash and dry all the Kappa's at the Meet, however, one qualification, they must have bikini's and suds with them to wash all the vehicles after the local races and events.  Also, loud speakers must be present to play the background music.  Adds to the performance of the entrants!

Again, Kelu the record you have established so far beats any I have heard of in these many years of Moderating forums.  Someday I would be honored to meet you in person at a Meet or gathering.  Thanks for taking the Kappa to new heights.  You are the best!  To close this post I must give a toast.  

Please join in! The Toast is to Lyndon Wester. The best Tuner on the planet and a supporting vendor on this great forum.

Most sincerely,
GXPinKC
Ron

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:16:52 PM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:39 PM »
Kelu,
Since you are getting an IC from Dave at Dejon, I am going to PM him and ask him if he can include a SKY cooler\travel bag in the same shippment with the IC.
Although it does not say GT in the cooler embroidery at least the car Silhouette is the same as your Opel GT.
This is a gift by the way from your KAPPAPERFORMANCE internet forum speed junkies, and hope you will enjoy it.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
LV, you are awesome!!!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 08:44:39 PM »
GXPinKC I'm working on it, I'm sure I will do even a better job finding nicer washing girls then you saw in the video, Romania is famous to have awesome girls I'm sure they will not mind to perform in US  :woohoo:
Thank you for your kind words sir and I'm honored to toast in honor of Lyndon Westers. I wanted to share him some of the things posted here as appreciation but I don't want to disturb him not even for 1 second. After I will have my parts installed and I will need a update I will mention him this topic.

LatinVenom Wow, guys you don't stop make me "feel in the 9th sky" (romanian saying expressing a overjoyed feeling close to heaven), almost every day I have chicken skin about things related to this forum. I placed the order on Monday and Dave told me that will be shipped on 7/8 so the package it was supposed to be left already, but this doesn't matter, only the intention made me feel great. My next order will be to Solo and they will ship me a big package, don't think will be a problem to include those awesome travel bags which I desired them.
Doesn't matter it doesn't say Opel GT, I'm very happy as their look, I was asking about those some time ago ;)
LV please tell me who is behind this besides you, I just want thank personally, this will be great for me cause I travel a lot going to car meetings, races abroad, will be more than perfect for me (if I can say it like this). anyhow Thank you from all my romanian heart to all Kappa Performance Speed Junkies

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »
I saw you like the movies and I searched for more. There you go:

March 2009 from Hungary, I didn't had the car then and I wasn't attending, just a nice movie:
http://vimeo.com/3920644

May 2009 when I was 100% stock, I was racing but not images with my car :banghead:
http://vimeo.com/4850644

May 2009 from my hometown, again no images with my car  :(:
http://vimeo.com/4832373

My races from these 2 events you can see them here:
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1950.0

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
Kelu,Just PM me your shipping address in Romania.
The reason for asking is, if I have to ship it to Solo in Canada, it may not be that much more to ship it directly to you.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »
Old race from June, same media team producing this NEW MOVIE available in HD.

In this one my car appears more times:
06:25 - Me pushing my car up to the start preparing to race a Honda S2000
07:09 - Launching against Golf 5 GTI
07:39 - Launching better than latest Mercedes SLK350 - V6 3500 - 306hp
09:31 - Final Race against BMW M3 where I lost :(
10:58 - Same race but the launch

http://vimeo.com/5625848

Enjoy

Offline King-Oka

• Tech
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 10:59:40 AM »
Very cool  :cool:- Thanks Kelu ! :brnout: :urock:
2006 Solstice
Supercharged and Intercooled by DDM

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
I'm signed up for August 16 to a new Drag Race Event in my country. This is from the "crappy" events chapter, the drag will take place on streets and with human start and finish not like the previous ones which were on old airfields and electronic strart/finish/drag slips.

The groups are in Romanian style which we consider them old and not applicable anymore, basically they are made to encourage the tuning of the car. I will be in a group with cars with stock power between 250-300hp on with traction one axle or 200-250hp 4x4 cars. I don't have a chance on this kind of group because they are fluded by advanced tuned Subaru WRX or previous model of Audi S3. The races are pyramidal so I can drive 200 miles and race once and if I loose I'm out.

Until now 6 cars signed up (some will sign in the day of the event) in my group: 3 Subaru WRX (one from my car club doing about 400hp, another one from a friendly car club doing almost same), one Audi S3 from my car club doing 310-330hp and one Chevy Camaro SS Z28 Convertible (275hp if i'm not wrong). I will try to approach the owner of the Camaro so I could race first run because none of us has any chances aganst the other cars.

I will keep you posted  :thumbs:

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »
So, the classes are based on stock power, not how much they're putting down? That doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me...
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »
So, the classes are based on stock power, not how much they're putting down? That doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me...
Yes, this groups are used for 5-6 years now to encourage to put money on your car.
If you change the type of your engine you get some multipliers to obtain the group power.
For example: if you start from a NA engine and add turbo you have to multiply your stock power by 1.6, if you add an supercharger you multiply by 1.3 and if you add nitro 1.4. If you have a turbo engine as stock, then you can change your turbo without any multiplier.

Actually the group power it is calculated by traction also. So the groups are like this:      
A    76 cp-100 cp            
B   101 cp-130 cp            
C   131 cp-165 cp            
D   166 cp-200 cp
E    201 cp-250 cp
F   251 cp-300 cp
G   301 cp-350 cp and above

FWD are stock power x 0.95, RWD stock power x 1 and AWD are stock power x 1.15, That's why Subaru WRX of 225hp with their 4x4 traction end up to be in the F group (251 - 300 hp)

The bottom line is: wins who puts most money on their cars ( preferably a turbo engine ), they don't care about stripping down, race tires, race upgrades :) that's why I call it "crappy" event.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
Today was supposed to take place the event which I was talking previously. I woke up at 5am in a Sunday morning for me at that hour I generally go to sleep, meet my car club fellows, only 6 cars show up eventually from 10 which announced to come. An Mitsubishi Evo IX, Subaru STI 2007, Audi A4 2.0T quattro, Peugeot 407 1.9TDI, Golf5 1.9TDI and my Opel GT.
For me was something interesting, even I wasn't one of the favorites in my group, since I replaced the exhaust I was doing a strong 25psi without updating my tune I was curious how I'm doing on a legal event, I was testing my new changes 2-3 days ago in 2 night illegal races.

Drove 100 miles and surprise, there were rain, actually just stopped raining and was wet. We waited about 2-3 hours but nothing good happened, some cars were allowed on the street track to try to make the asphalt more dry. I was watching an BMW M5 (E39) 400hp at lauching and on 1st and 2nd he was only sideways, not even 4x4 could launch at least good. No car over 200hp raced, only those under and only FWDs. All my car buddies decided not to join the race and after we drove back.

So no movies this time :( our photographer took some pictures from the road to there which will appear online in some days and I will post them here.

Next event announced on 30th of August, let's see what will happen until then.

P.S. Many thanks for the gift of the travel bags, they were astonishing helpful.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »
A new stage of Hungarian drag racing championship took place on 1st of August. I didn't attend because of the funds and because my upgrades weren't done.

Some of my car club buddies went there: Subaru STI (blue), Mitsubishi Evo IX (blue), Mitsubishi Colt CZT (that small black car).

New nice movie was released:
http://www.vimeo.com/6013695

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 07:47:40 PM »
I couldn't understand a word he was saying :)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »
I couldn't understand a word he was saying :)
Nothing notable, only bla bla
Which is notable:
Red Vette - 10s car
Red Civic (that strange looking body) - 9s car
Blue Chevy - 9s car