Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: AfterShock fenders now on Sale!!!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
AfterShock fenders now on Sale!!!
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »
Ok folks...

Fenders are ready for purchase. First 10 orders is available for $349.00. Afterwards, price resumes retail price of $399.00. Shipping is $38 additional via Fed Ex ground. Lead time is about a week. Just click the following link to order direct.

http://aftershockproducts.com/#/pontiac-solstice-front-side-fe/4532937329

The following is how many spots left before all 10 orders are fulfilled. Names will be replaced with 'Anonymous' to protect the innocent :

1) Anonymous

2) Anonymous

3) Anonymous

4) Anonymous

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

rudy
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:22:41 PM by SOLster »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: AfterShock fenders now on Sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:08:53 PM »
SOLster : Are these Painted to the color of the Car ?
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:14:22 AM »
hello...

No, they're only primered.  I don't have the facility to paint large parts like fenders.  Besides, you would want to have a local painter have access to your vehicle to match the color to the t.  Otherwise, there may be some discrepancies between the paint on your vehicle and the part itself.  Hope this helps answer your question.

rudy

SOLster : Are these Painted to the color of the Car ?

Ben L

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:54:43 AM »
Do they come with vent inserts or just holes?

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
Do they come with vent inserts or just holes?

They will come with laser-cut hexagon grills out of 3/16" thick black abs plastic that will be mounted from behind the panel.  This way you have the option of leaving them off for an open hole appearance or with the grill installed.

rudy

Offline Lithium Lotus

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
Any pictures of the grills installed yet? I know you've posted pics of the ones on your car, but I want to see them with the grills inserted :)
07 GXP: Natsumi "Summer Beauty"
Sold 08/2010

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 03:32:04 PM »
This looks good. Seems I'm ending up with a lot of spare parts. Which is ok, since 20-25 years from now I may want to go back to stock for collector reasons. So taking off stock parts now and saving them for later installation will save me time and money in the long run. At least that's what I'll tell my wife.  :lol:

Question, these are fiberglass? How good is the fit? And how difficult is it to remove the fenders?

Thanks,
I think I'll place an order for these once I get these answers. I assume nothing needs to be modified on the car to get this installed?
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

Question, these are fiberglass? How good is the fit? And how difficult is it to remove the fenders?

Thanks,
I think I'll place an order for these once I get these answers. I assume nothing needs to be modified on the car to get this installed?

Yes, the fenders are fiberglass.  They fit very well and have been test fit to several cars.  However, as with any hand made product, there might need to be some minor adjustments to achieve the best fit.  There is no modification to the car.  The vent in our fender totally clears the support behind it.

As for installation, it is fairly simple.  It will probably take you a few hours to test fit them and then remove them for paint.  You just need basic tools, like tape, ratchet, extension, sockets etc. 

PM me or Rudy if you have any more questions.

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »
Yamatr3 has pretty much summed it up.  Though the fenders are fiberglass, they are made of high quality resin and cloth which has lower shrinkage rate and holds its form true to the molds.

The fenders are very easy to remove which will take a few minutes to do with the right tools.  But you will need about a 6"+ ratchet extension when you need to remove the bolt screw located within the door hinge area.

And again, because these are hand laid, there may be some very minor adjustments for fitting.  Keep in mind that other adjacent parts (i.e. door, hood, rocker panel) will also need to be accounted for if they are also misaligned.  My hood on the driver's side was slightly drooping down and the edge was down about < .25" which made a tight fit on the top edge of the panel and hood.  So keeping all the screws loose and doing the fine adjustments before tightening is key.  The passenger side was a breeze.

FYI, lead time is about a week.  Let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

rudy