Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DDMWorks - Engine Bay Light - Official announcement  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
DDMWorks - Engine Bay Light - Official announcement
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
We know most of you know about these already, but wanted to make an official announcement about them here for all the future new members.

DDMWorks Engine Bay Light Kit
Are you looking for a way to show off your engine at night? Maybe looking to have some light under the hood when you are out doing some tuning? If so the DDMWorks Engine Bay Light kit does the job. Our kit comes with a unique 3x3 matrix LED for a total of 9 L.E.D's putting out light under your hood. We mount the LED's in a custom designed shroud that directs the bright light down on the engine without blinding you. This custom shroud is made of CNC laser cut steel and powder coated for durability, which gives you a product that will last.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
The lights use one of the underhood liners push in tabs to hold it in place along with some double sided tape. This is not your standard L.E.D. that we are using on these. This custom made LED panel is made exclusively for us by one of the leading LED manufactures. The unique LED is a 3x3 matrix for a total of 9 LED's and most importantly it also includes a constant current chipset for the fixture itself. This constant current chipset helps to prolong the life of the L.E.D's by regulating and smoothing out the power supplied to the LED's from the constantly varying line voltage. This keeps the lights at the same brightness all the time and makes them last nearly 5 times longer. The chipset also has a built in EMI suppresion circuit to help eliminate any noise from going back into the rest of the cars delicate electronics. The housing is made from powder coated CNC laser cut steel for durability and also has side shrouds on it to keep you from seeing the LED's directly, which not only looks better, but keeps from blinding you while looking at the engine. The kit comes with 1 shroud with the LED attached and 6' of color coded wire attached to the fixture, we hooks directly into the parking lights, so that when the parking lights are on the underhood light is on. A switch could be added if wanted, but the LED's will outlast the car. You also might want to consider ordering the trunk light at the same time to illuminate the trunk at night, making loading and unloading much easier. Installation of the kit involves no special tools and can be done by most owners in 30-45 minutes.

The hood light kit sells for $65

A picture of the blue light, and for some reason our camera had a hard time getting a good picture of it:

Link to the lights:

http://www.ddmworks.com/solstice/engine/enginebaylight.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:13:39 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline BeachParty

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Custom Fuse Box Covers
Re: DDMWorks Engine Bay Light - Official announcement
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »
Definitely will be ordering this and the trunk light. Just in time for the hubby's b-day! I just can't decide between the red and the white. The engine bay theme is polished stainless, red and black. What do you think will look best, Dave?

Thanks for another great product!
2007 Sly Solstice GXP – with a super cool Fuse Box Cover

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »
The red looks really cool and is more for show than for visible light, the white will show everything and the stainless will show better, along with the black. So if you want it to look cool and more custom, go with the red, otherwise the white will show all the color differences.

Hope that helps!
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »
Dave that LQQks  GR8 can I order one for the MM6 at Joes Garage . Want the Red vfor the Hood.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline BeachParty

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Custom Fuse Box Covers
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »
The red looks really cool and is more for show than for visible light, the white will show everything and the stainless will show better, along with the black. So if you want it to look cool and more custom, go with the red, otherwise the white will show all the color differences.

Hope that helps!
Dave

Yes, it does help. Thanks! Doesn't mean I'll be able to make a decision (my fault  :idiot:, not yours), but it helps! Too many cool products. I'm flipping a coin.
2007 Sly Solstice GXP – with a super cool Fuse Box Cover

Offline e-sarge

• Tech
    • My Page on IMSaturn
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »
A picture of the blue light, and for some reason our camera had a hard time getting a good picture of it:

(Image removed from quote.)

I think I know the reason: Since my car is :ca2:, you need to change your camera settings from Imperial to Metric! ;)

:cheers:
2007 Sky Redline, Midnight Blue, Black top, Ebony/Tan interior.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
Yes, it does help. Thanks! Doesn't mean I'll be able to make a decision (my fault  :idiot:, not yours), but it helps! Too many cool products. I'm flipping a coin.

Get one of each,  with a three way switch, red for show, white for work
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia