Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Canadian dollar cramping your style?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Canadian dollar cramping your style?
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
Just this past summer the Canadian dollar was around par and for a time the Canadian dollar was worth more than the U.S. greenback. Many vendors, whether in Canada or in the U.S., price their products in U.S. funds and as the  :ca: dollar goes down in value, those products get more and more expensive.

Does anyone else find their mods for the Solstice getting a little harder to do because of the exchange rate?  :gaah:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Canadian dollar cramping your style?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
Good point Sly!  I am sitting here right now praying the dollar goes back up at least 10 cents.  I am sending some interior parts out to JPM in a couple of weeks to be covered, and I am also sitting on a wad of money that is screaming to be spent on the Solo shorty mach.

The worst part of the CDN to US exchange is actually at Solo.  As far as I can tell, they are a Canadian company, but list their prices in USD.  That means to us poor canucks, the price of the exhaust I want has gone up 25% (once you factor in the real exchange rate the banks and credit card companies charge us above the already dismal exchange rate).  Too bad I didn't buy the car earlier, because I would have loved to make that purchase when we were pretty much at par.

Come on Market Speculators, where are you when I need a foolishly inflated Canadian Dollar!!!!  lol
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap