Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Deer hit at 75 mph and a drunk at a bar... bad week for the SOL  (Read 2446 times)

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
Deer hit at 75 mph and a drunk at a bar... bad week for the SOL
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »
i went home on my leave before i go to iraq and after driving the solstice for about 1100 miles i hit a deer in at 75 mph in the last 10 miles. the damage really wasnt that bad i needed a fog light paint for the left side of the bumper. he bowed the panel in front of the door dented the door with two small dents with his antlers the a hoof got my trunk lid scrapes in my rear bumper and a good deep gouge on the rear bumper.. then just before i flew to nc to meet the girl friend i was at a bar with a few friends (not drinking)parked my car away from the rest and when i came out someone had backed into her and messed the front bumper and hood up pretty good so now need a hood and front grills but probly going to put a gxp one on instead......

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
Re: Deer hit at 75 mph and a drunk at a bar... bad week for the SOL
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
some Pic's of her in the shop being worked on......... and i still have to wait till next summer when i come home to drive her :(

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:48:50 PM »
Some pictures of her engine bay :) she still needs the billet caps and a few small things!!!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:55:08 PM by hammy221 »

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »
Tough luck on the car. Keep safe in Iraq.
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
That really sucks - glad you are ok.  I wonder though, how big are the deer where you live.  I hit deer twice, once in a S10 4WD Pickup and once in a Cutlass Supreme.  In both cases, I was going far slower than 75mph and the damage was far worse.  They destroyed my front end on both vehicles.  NTW - Nice hood.  Whose it it?
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:54 AM »
he was pretty big the cop said i braked at just the right time and also stated sports cars like mine and vetts etc seam to have far less damage whe hitting a dear

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »
I had one jump across the road while I was going about 60 and I decided to slow way down.  I thought it would have done more damage but I picture them coming in thru the windshield!  I like your hood, should be nice when you get home.

Stay safe!   :us2:
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

lil goat

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »
I am just curious as to why after you hit a deer at 75 mph why you would take him to a bar for a drink?  :D

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »
Adrenaline and shock can make you do weird things goat
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia