Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Valves problems  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Valves problems
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
Hey all, on Wednesday i had my first CEL after 2 yrs. no syptoms at all, car was driving fine, boost was OK, if it wasnt for that light in front of me, i would swear it was fine.
took it to the garage on Friday and they said that the void induction valve (not sure if i translate it correctly) - red circle at the pic, had read some instant malfunfunction. they said if the CEL would come out again, they would replace the valve.
Next day, Friday drove out of the city for the weekend and stopped at a gas station to fill some gas. after i filled the car, it started with GREAT difficulty and after 5 seconds the car drove perfectly. called some friends, they said it was for sure purge solenoid valve and i should replace it - green circle.
Sunday, the CEL (probably from the void induction valve) came on again. Today is my last day of the 2 yrs warranty.
i will call the garage today to have them both replaced.
hope the trouble stops here...today...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:37:11 AM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: fixed IMG Code »
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Valves problems
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:37:45 AM »
the red circle controls the turbo surge valve (kinda like a BOV) so I doubt that was the problem.  Do you have the CEL Code?

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »
I just got back from the garage. DeepBlueGXP you are absolutely right.
the problem BOTH times was the same valve, purge solenoid valve - green circle.
but in greek they name it after two different names, plus the man over ther-NOT the technician- showed me the wrong part the first time- at least that s what they told me....

so, the problem is purge solenoid valve, i replaced it and everything seems fine again. i have to fill in gas to see how the car responds now.
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »
The conversion from English to Cyrillic on automotive nomenclature must be a real pain.. hope it solves your problem

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Yeah my Purge Solenoid was replaced not too long ago.
After every fill up at the gas station the car would not start on the first attempt.  Everything was fixed after they replaced the solenoid.  Of course now im getting a new engine..
:dancing::dancing::dancing: