Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: WTB: 09 ECM  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Johnny-Longtorso

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Come to where the cheese is!
WTB: 09 ECM
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »
Title says it all - looking for an 09 ECM for my Redline
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:18:01 PM by Sly Bob, Reason: now looking for a 2009 ECM »
Your highly detailed mods signature, while impressive, really really screws up Google & site searches.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: WTB: 07 ECM
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:59:36 AM »
an 07 ECM won't work on an 09 Redline.  The 07 had a different OS.  08 and 09 have the same.  ECU Outlet has the best pricing and will send it with the stock GM tune for your year/model/

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »
Car-part.com  (engine computer) 2.0l looks like $125.00 for 2009 Redline, both auto and manual.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline Johnny-Longtorso

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply guys - I was looking for an 07 based on the recommendation of Lyndon @ Wester's.   I will have to call him to clarify....

I quote:
"If you get a 2008 ECM, it won't run in your car--it requires the car to be programmed along with the ECM.
No other way to do it.
2007--no issues with computer swaps, so you could send one."

EDIT:
OK, I spoke to Lyndon today and there was a bit of a misunderstanding - he was saying that an 07 ECM could be "mated" to an 07 car, but any other year needed to be programmed in the vehicle before he can offer a tune.

So, I'm going to try to find an 09 ECM (ECU Outlet sold out, carparts.com showed hits but zero responses so far) and HOPE that a dealership will mate it to the car based on my argument that I want to keep a spare ECM because of the demise of Saturn.

Lyndon also mentioned that he's heard of dealerships / GM looking at the number of times an ECM has been flashed as a means to spot a modified car.  All the more reason for a second ECU IMO....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:48:19 PM by Johnny-Longtorso »
Your highly detailed mods signature, while impressive, really really screws up Google & site searches.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »
Johnny,

Did you ever find an ECM?

Gentleman Jack
Make the right choices now

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
PAW has this week discount for 200$ shipped if I'm not wrong.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Johnny-Longtorso

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »
Well, I had corresponded with ECU Outlet (who will flash an ECU based on your VIN prior to shipping, making it plug-n-go) and they told me they'd have then in a week's time.  I logged on on Monday and they showed 2 in stock.  I went to purchase and the site hung, and when it came back it said they had none.  I sent a note basically asking "WTF?" and I was told that they sell out fast.  I asked them why they simply couldn't get one FOR me and let me know when it's in and I'll pay.... and I was told they'd see if they can get more and let me know. First e-tailor I've dealt with that basically refuses a guaranteed $250.00 sale....  :huh:

So - I thought I had a solution but I do not.  :gaah:

As it happens, I sent a PM to PAW today as I did see the LNF ECUs for $199.  My concern remains the means to get it flashed with the correct image.....

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
Kelu,

Just checked, 375 ea.  Where did you see 200 shipped?

Thanks!

Gentleman Jack

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 02:21:38 AM »
Sent you an PM because I don't like to post link to bb. It is in BB in their forum.
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline mkriebs

• Performance Auto Werks
  • Vendor
  • Tech
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 04:31:35 AM »
We do in fact have them on sale this week. I will be running them 'til they sell out, or until Monday.

New GM 2006-2007 2.4L ECMs
                                         >> PM me for the prices (since I myself am not set up as a vendor over here, I don't want ot get in trouble)
New GM 2008-2010 2.0T ECMs

I overlooked the model years on the other forum, and I apologize to those that I confused, or misled.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
We do in fact have them on sale this week. I will be running them 'til they sell out, or until Monday.

New GM 2006-2007 2.4L ECMs
                                         >> PM me for the prices (since I myself am not set up as a vendor over here, I don't want ot get in trouble)
New GM 2008-2010 2.0T ECMs

I overlooked the model years on the other forum, and I apologize to those that I confused, or misled.
You're set up now, lets see the price

Offline mkriebs

• Performance Auto Werks
  • Vendor
  • Tech
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »
Right on!

New GM 2006-2007 2.4L ECMs - $150.00 shipped
New GM 2008-2010 2.0T ECMs - $199.00 shipped

I do have other year ecu's in stock at the normal price!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »
You will ship one to me for that price also?  :ro:

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
He is asking for  a 2007 GXP ECM, will the one you are selling work for his car?.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
Re: WTB: 09 ECM
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »
He is in fact looking for a 2009 ECM and I have edited the original post to reflect that. Good price.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 10:26:38 PM »
What about 2007 2.0T ECMS?  and do you ship it with the latest GM tune for the Solstice or Sky for that year?

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
Just curious, why is the 07 2+ times more expensive?  The 08-09 is 199 but the 07 is 475?  Are they that different or are that that much less common? 

Gentleman Jack.

PS- anybod got a spare 07 ECM they want to sell for $250?  ;)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »
If you google ECU Outlet, they may have what you need. 

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Performance Auto Werks is selling ECMs for $199 right now
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline Johnny-Longtorso

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »
ECU Outlet does not have the LNF ECU - I contacted them about when they'd get more, and they were, for whatever reason, "unsure" if they'd have them again.  They had 2 of them in stock - I put one in my cart, went to pay for it, and they vanished from stock. My email exchanges with them have left me less than confident in their ability to deliver....

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »
ECU Outlet does not have the LNF ECU - I contacted them about when they'd get more, and they were, for whatever reason, "unsure" if they'd have them again.  They had 2 of them in stock - I put one in my cart, went to pay for it, and they vanished from stock. My email exchanges with them have left me less than confident in their ability to deliver....
Got 2 located near me out of 2009 Redlines both auto for 125.21+tax+shipping= 150.00 each if you want one. I'll get by there today and pick one or both up. PM me for information.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.