Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wester's Tune  (Read 15167 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Wester's Tune
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
Joe,
Check the battery, does it look like it is charging?  Mine did the same thing and when I finally got it back on, the battery showed 95% but wasn't charging and if fact draining power from the computer

By the way my battery was replaced even though it was part of a bad batch.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »
OK folks, here's the straight dope:

The sensors are easy to get here in Germany.  I've found them at two different parts store chains, both had them for the exact same price.  I ordered a pair on Thursday for Lyndon, and I should have them early next week.  I've been working with lil goat and lyndon for a few weeks on this.  It has only taken so long because of the holidays. 

Originally, I told goat to keep this deal off the public boards (even though there are already two threads full of my posts detailing what I'm concerned about).  For one, I want to be sure everything works out and I'm getting the right parts before I offer to do a "group buy."  I'm not trying to hide this from GM, or anybody else for that matter.  I'm not afraid of GM, and I doubt that German parts stores are, either.  As far as I know, I'm not doing anything illegal or unethical.  GM has bigger problems than this, and wouldn't care one way or another if I'm getting these sensors for people.  If they do care, I welcome them to try and convince me that I shouldn't be doing what I'm about to do:

Since I seem to be in a unique position to get these sensors right now, I'll arrange a one-time "group buy" if anyone wants me to.  I'm not looking to make any profit on this - that's not my motive.  However, I'm also not willing to use my VAT discount priveledges illegally to save you guys the 19% sales tax (if I were buying them for my own personal use, I wouldn't have to pay German tax).  Sorry.  I will, however, ask if I can get a discount for ordering X# of sensors at once.

Now, here's reasons NOT to take me up on my offer... 

1)  I have little doubt that these sensors will be available from other sources in the US by the time I move back in May... probably at your dealership parts counter, and probably cheaper than I can get them here.

2)  If you buy the GM Stage II kit, and have the dealership flash your PCM with their tune, you aren't throwing your warranty away - until you do other mods to trash your warranty, that is... 

3)  These are JUST the sensors.  You'll still have to find a source for the new connectors, terminals, o-rings, etc.  Add all of that to the cost, and you're quickly approaching CED's $550 mark.

soapbox time
#2 is the biggest reason I don't plan to go this route myself.  I'll buy the Stage II kit and keep the warranty until I'm sure my car can handle the mods I want to do.  When I'm ready to start serious mods, I'll buy Lyndon's tune and pay for anything that breaks as a result of my modding.  I'm a firm believer in the Magnuson/Moss warranty act.  Therefore I won't try to hide my mods from my dealership by putting the car "back to stock" every time I go in for a recall or warranty work (the only two reasons I'll let a "certified mechanic" touch my car).  If they try to wholesale deny my warranty based on a mod that's unrelated to my claim, I have Magnuson/Moss to back me up. 

It drives me nuts when I see people mod their cars like crazy, break something as a direct result, then expect their warranty to cover the repairs.  It's the same as crashing your car at the drag strip, then filing a claim with your insurance company stating that you crashed it on a public road.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I assume anyone who wants me to get sensors for them and intends to get a Westers tune is mature enough to take full responsibility for their actions.  By no means am I implying that Lyndon's tunes will damage your car.  I have no doubt that his tunes are safe.  But you'll be adding even more HP and torque than the stage II kit, which is already a significant bump from stock.  If/when you cook your clutch, for example, expect some pushback from the warranty department on fixing it if you don't have a GM tune.  Flashing the GM tune back into your PCM before you take it to the dealer is NOT the answer!
/end soapbox time

... apologies for the misplaced rant :)

P.S. Joe, good luck with the laptop situation.  Wish I could help out somehow. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:07:43 AM by 2kwk4u »

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »
What an excellent presentation of the facts.  I can see no way some idiot can misconstrue what you have laid out.  Very well written.  I wish you the best and hope you come home safely soon.

You really might be related.

Chuck

My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Awsome, once Lyndon gets the senors and tests them to verify the parts, let us know how much they are with the 19% added. 

BTW,  I found a link on the web describing issues like I have with my laptop, the forum had a link to the HP Support site and my Laptop/Serial/Model was listed and subject to a free repair/recall.  I called HP and was on the phone for an hour and they will/are repairing it for free.  I get a free shipping container from HP/FedEx in about 2 days. :woohoo:

Sincerely,

HP Customer Care

Hewlett-Packard Customer Service Order:

Customer Service Order Number:                          TPU035-01
CSO Placement Date:                                     01/11/2009

Model Number:                                           EW468AV
Model Description:                                      HP PAVILION DV6000 CTO NOT
Serial Number:                                          CNF6350NX4
Part Number:                                            N/A
Part Description:

You selected the following Hewlett-Packard
Hardware Support Service for your product:

BOX PLUS PICKUP & REPAIR, 1 DAY SHIPPING

Warranty Status:                                        In Warranty

Total charge (including tax, if applicable):            $0.00
Payment Method:                                         No Payment
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:00:10 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »
I have kept a copy of all tunes in a folder in my email just in case this happens...did you do this too Joe, because then they are all still there.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
I was able to retrieve all my data, thanks

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
Great deal Joe.  Spikey, that is a great idea about saving in an email account.  I am doing that right now with some stuff I do not want to lose.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

lil goat

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
I have all my tunes backed up on an external drive, including the ones Def sent me, and they are on a flash drive and on my desktop PC, I'm not paranoid. Glad HP stepped up Joe, that is the best news of all.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
Email will always be there....LOL...so its a great place to store small files, such as tunes.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline Morfious

• SMMM 7 Cup Stacking Champion
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Tryin' to keep the rubber side down since age 2
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
Email will always be there....LOL...so its a great place to store small files, such as tunes.

Well that is until the economic downturn forces some of the dot coms to go out of business.  The best backup strategy is redundancy.  External hard drive for weekly / daily stuff.  Separate HD with more valuable stuff financial info, HP tunes, paid serial numbers etc.  For the real worry worts you should also have one in a firesafe or better yet off site in a safety deposit box.  This way you will still have your stuff even in a fire.  You can never be too safe.  Remember to back up today.  I usually forget untill something goes haywire and I loose stuff!!
Mean GXP Delivered 1/30/2007 $MSRP +$2K
Mods:
Pioneer AVIC D3 Nav System
Solo-Performance Street Race exhaust
Debadged
JPM interior (Doors, steering wheel, shifter, console now with 100% more Chuck Norris)
Custom dash and Flush mounted Valentine 1 Radar Detector
O.Z. Ultraleggera wheels with Dunlop DZ101
DDM Works (Big Brake Kit, backbone, intercooler, valve and coil cover)
GXP ZOK Rear sway bar

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
 :agree: :agree: :agree: and a little know fact about having proper a good back up procedure with daily backups is that your system will just not break if it knows you won't lose anything.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »
I have them backed up in an external drive too.  The real reason why I have them in email would be to have access to them anywhere with a computer.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
Any information on the test that are been done, please.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »
Yeah looks as though I might have to start saving for a tune as well. If I am going to get the Solo GXP-RCD and the computer will pull back the extra power as time goes by it's time for a tune. Now to start saving and to decide what to get.  :huh:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
With 4.0 last Spring I was very happy got 5.2 at Joe's Garage this afternoon  :thumbs: .....Have to learn how to drive all over again :D :woohoo: :drag: Lyndon does good work .... :award:

lil goat

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 01:17:37 PM »
Any information on the test that are been done, please.

Nope, but they are being done, Lyndon is taking his time he can't get the car out of the shop, it is just above absolute zero in the frozen North. He will be ready by the time the weather breaks. Have any other tuners stepped to the plate to even try and better the GMPP tune. Makes you think doesn't it.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
I for one can attest to the fact that it's cccccccold up here.  :ca:

I have little doubt that when it's ready for prime time we will hear about it here first.  :cool:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »
Lyndon does amazing work!  Soon he is going to have to retune me for some new goodies that I am getting soon.  I can't spill any beans yet, though. 
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
Lyndon does amazing work!  Soon he is going to have to retune me for some new goodies that I am getting soon.  I can't spill any beans yet, though. 

Ah, you have spilled some news already spiky3480!  I will be looking forward to your spilling some beans later.  Can't wait to find out the latest from Lyndon.
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

lil goat

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 02:40:05 AM »
Yes some of us know what's getting installed Steve, now lets get it installed already, I want to hear all about it!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »
Is it bigger that a breadbox? :rofl:

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia