Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 6 month update on Sumitomo HTR III  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
6 month update on Sumitomo HTR III
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »
Okay I have put a few miles on these 'summer only' tires, both on the street, the dragstrip, and tearing up parking lots trying to autocross.  Rain or shine these tires stick and hold the road, they are responsive in the corner and do not roll over even with normal driving air presures.  Even in the cold weather they have good grip.

The last couple of days I have had to drive the car in less than optimal conditions but much to my suprise the actually seem to be able to move me over hard packed snow and ice.  The only thing I have noticed is I have to be very gentle on the gas after leaving ice and getting on to cleared pavement, they are quite slick then, but that could also be a function of the low end torque my car produces.

Over all I am very please with their performance.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: 6 month update on Sumitomo HTR III
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:46:35 AM »
John  could also be your Foot ( sometimes it has more LEAD in it than others)
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
Thanks for the write up Critter!  I am amazed you even tried in this stuff but glad to know the tires work in cold weather. 

I'd be interested in hearing from some the others with new tires about how they did in this stuff.
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 02:00:19 PM »
Well my bronco is still in the shop, been there since March, it is the vehicle my daughter normally drives.  My frontier the same daughter has it since the bronco is in the shop.  So it is either walk or drive Bix.  First time she has been in this stuff and I'm plesantly suprised that she actually moves on some of the stuff I have to drive on by the house.  Otherwise she would be home under her blankie.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia