Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Leaking Roof  (Read 1250 times)

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Leaking Roof
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
  Well, I left the coupe out last night & early this morning the rain came, of course I had the top on. There's that leak again, dripping of the passenger sun visor. It only happens during a slow steady rain where water really sits on the car for a long period of time. Never happens when driving even when pouring down or car wash or garden hose.
   Anyway, I pulled the sun visors & removed the trim piece to expose the upper windshield frame. The water is comming from inside the window frame on the windshield side & dripping out where the frame halves are sandwiched together. I can stick my pinky finger in the oblong hole in the window frame & it's wet in there. The water must be seeping in past the rubber seal on the windshield frame side of the top & going through the area where the frame pieces are spot welded. Looks like no way arround a dealer visit  :(  I'm sure they are not going to believe that unless I leave it up there all day or over night the next time it rains slow and steady. Then there is the worry it will leak worse after they try to fix it.
  I will be trying a different dealer this time.

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Leaking Roof
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
I had the same problem on the drivers side. A slow steady rain would leak in at the visor. Dealer installed a new seal and it fixed it.
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
Jimmy, our coupe is having the exact same issue.  Leaking and dripping out the passenger visor.  I need to schedule a trip for the hardtop liner as well. 

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »
Jimmy, our coupe is having the exact same issue.  Leaking and dripping out the passenger visor.  I need to schedule a trip for the hardtop liner as well. 

My headliner is ok so far. I am concerned about the leak though because it's getting inside the windshield frame & that could mean rust if not fixed.