Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Bi Xenon HiD kit for 2008 GXP.  (Read 2115 times)

BlackSunShine

Bi Xenon HiD kit for 2008 GXP.
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:26:11 PM »
I use my GXP as my daily driver. Since I drive in many differnent conditions, I want to upgrade my lights. My previous car had HID lights, and going back to factory feels like they aren't even on. I've searched the topic and got a good place to start. For those who have done the conversion, have you had any issues? Any problems passing inspections. I'm looking at the Bi-Xenon 6000 Kelvin as well as the fog lights. Any input is appreciated. :idk:

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
Re: Bi Xenon HiD kit for 2008 GXP.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
Unless you're going to install actual hid projectors into your headlight, don't stick hid bulbs into a halogen housing. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Offline scoobyless

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
A pretty good read, I just hate the way he uses the term "retrofit" constantly when not referring to aprojector retrofit which is what most others refer to as a "retrofit."  If you want HID's in you solstice, do a projector retrofit using either fx/fxr or TL projectors.  If your handy you could do it yourself as long as you don't mind spending a good amount of time researching, if not there are a good amount of people willing to perform the service.  If you have someone do an OEM quality retrofit, it should cost between $800 and $1k (including oem bulbs and ballasts.)
2008 Cool GXP
2004.5 GMC 2500HD Duramax
2004 Subaru STi

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »
i got a cheap pair of HID conversions from ebay for like $45 shipped and they've been working great.  never had a problem and it's bright as hell! 

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
I've had a set for some time now but don't know what wire goes where
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Yogi

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
I put a pair of $45 HIDs in wifey's Honda and she loves 'em!   :2c:
2008 Saturn Sky Red Line
2.0 Turbo LNF
5 Speed Manual
Snowflake Wheels
Monsoon Sound System
Leather Seats