Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Winter storage  (Read 1349 times)

LadyT28

Winter storage
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:35 PM »
So, for my fellow Kappa owners who have to tuck our babies away for the winter, how do you store yours? We have a 2 1/2 car garage and by golly, we have 2 1/2 cars in it!  :cool: BTW, the Solstice is Lucy and the Olds on the left is Ethel!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:47:23 PM by LadyT28 »

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
Re: Winter storage
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
Taken from my post on the SF:

Well, I said goodbye to the car today since I'm flying out tomorrow. :(  Here's the process I did:

Four days ago:

I cleaned it up with Super Slick & Wax, polished it with Black Hole and applied a coat of EX Sealant.

Two days ago:

I changed the oil and filter, then did a final coat of EX Sealant on the exterior. 

Yesterday:

I added 10oz of STA-BIL and filled up the gas tank with 93 octane.  I put twice the amount in since it could possibly be down for 2 years, as per manufacturer's instructions.  Who knows I may really like it over there??? :dunno:

Today:

I drove it 25 miles to the storage facility (took it easy and was getting 38mpg following my father).  I backed the car in, put it up on jack-stands, and went to work.

I sprayed the engine compartment, the trunk springs, the door hinges and locks, and the suspension down with CRC 6-56 (I've used it for several years on the jet ski, works great and clings really well).  Then I wiped down the car with Spray & Wipe to get any overspray off as well as driving dust from the trip there.

After that, I hit the seats, steering wheel, stick shift, and weatherstrips with Leather Stuff.  I applied it really thick with my bare hand to give it a really good coat. :drool:

Then I applied a heavy coat of Quick Detailer Plus to the exterior, let it dry, and then wiped it clean with Spray & Gloss for an unbelievable shine!  :cool:

After all that, I locked it up, disconnected the negative battery cable, put a car cover over it and, finally, closed and locked the garage door... :cryin:

I sure will miss all the :driving: while I'm gone, but it will be well worth it ($$$) in the long run...