Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: CA / Hwy 150 Between Ojai and Santa Barbara  (Read 7753 times)

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
CA / Hwy 150 Between Ojai and Santa Barbara
« on: May 29, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »
Now I know that most of these posted roads are a bit longer then this one, but this little out of the way highway between Ojai, and Santa Barbara is 18 miles of pure adrenalin, and very scenic to boot. You start out on the north bound 101 near Ventura, head east towards Ojai on hwy 33, then right before you get there hang a left on hwy 150, and let the fun begin. I usually only make this run when driving alone, since the only two passengers to ride with me, still won't talk to me. And one's my sister!

Actually the best drive are three conecting rural highways. Starting on the afore mentioned hwy 150, past scenic Lake Casitas, north on the hwy 192 (past Oprahs place in Monecito) then north again on hwy 154 that will take you through Barbara, and the San Ynez Valley to Los Olivos. Between Santa Barbara, and Solvang is a little bar and grill called the Cold Creek Tavern, which has been serving food since 1860 when it was a stage coach stop. They serve elk, venison, buffalo, and occasionally bear when it's available. Anyway, it's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and ends up being about a 150 miles once you make the trip back to the barn. If the barn's in Ventura that is.

http://www.coldspringtavern.com/map.html
The above said route
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:52:49 AM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: added map and restarunt info. »

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: CA / Hwy 150 Between Ojai and Santa Barbara
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »
DeepWater,

That is part of the route you had the misses and I take as we headed south from the Castle.  We did part of this route and it is GREAT!  We stopped in Ojai at a MX place that was disappointing, so to those who try this route, go to the Tavern!

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 03:19:13 AM »
ALL of Highway 33 through OJAI all the way to the 5 is AWESOME....rode it many times on street bikes.
not a lot of traffic because the road doesn't lead to a populated area.
Up and over PINE MOUNTAIN to the 5 in the Grapevine is a great road too!!
Also "Lockwood Valley" to the 5
Look up and read Charles Swindol "Attitude"

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 12:32:56 AM »
Highway 33 the other direction from the 150 in Ojai is even better!!
Look up and read Charles Swindol "Attitude"

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!