Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: No problems with venting BOV to atmosphere  (Read 1667 times)

Offline DEJON-Dave

• Apprentice/Gofer
No problems with venting BOV to atmosphere
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »
I'VE GOT TO EAT MY WORDS! :gaah: I posted many times about the problems of venting an atmospheric BOV on a car like this one, with a MAS . This was due to my experiences with DSM cars. :violin:  But I finally tried it on my GXP and it works fine. NO error codes, limp mode, soot, pops, or any other drive-ability problems in over 300 miles of venting with my Greddy RS. You can weld a flange to either IC pipe for the BOV. lf you are using the stock turbo, just disconnect the hose from the Compressor Bypass Valve (mounted on the turbo) and connect it to the aftermarket BOV. Then connect a boost pressure source hose to the factory CBV to keep it shut. You can 'T' into the hose next to the IAT2 sensor on the cold side IC pipe.

You don't need a fancy special BOV
You don't need to relocate the MAS to and IC pipe and reprogram.
The ECM tune corrects the AFR so fast, problems don't occur. If you don't believe me, try it.

If you like more sound, you can do it! :cool:
Currently running 311 rear wheel hp with 16g kit at 25psi
Stocking Dealer for HP Tuners VCM Suites and Wester's tune