Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Trans. fluid  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Trans. fluid
« on: July 31, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
Is there a better after market trans fluid to replace the stock stuff with.   :idk:  Looking for something that will be smoother and quieter. :huh: 
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline jwvess00

• Tech
Re: Trans. fluid
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Hi there!

Red Line and Royal Purple both sell trans fluids (both manual and automatic) but I don't know that it will make anything smoother.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »
It may just be a placebo effect, but I have royal purple in my trans and rear, and everything seems quieter and smoother.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »
Will the royal purple cause any warranty issues?  Even if it's a placebo effect I'll take it.  It's not a bad shifting trans., just seems a little ruff around the edges if you know what I mean.  I've heard a heavier shift knob helps the feel also.  Anybody here have an after market knob with a little more heft?  If so, how does it compare to stock?
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »
I have a new hefty shifter knob that really helps! It feels stronger in my hands and I am able to do more with it!

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
uhhh....no.   :D

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Just sayin' :idk: :lol:

Offline rich71

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
 i haven't done the RP fluid change as i don't feel like it yet, i will do it at some point ... but......shift at higher rpms like 5k and above.  I have the JPM shifter with the heavier steel knob. I started off with the composite knob, but switched to the steel knob. it definitely makes shifting easier and less clunky. the stock shifter is heavy so it numbs the grind between 1st and 2nd and the inertia of the heavy knob helps "slam" the gears without feeling you are fighting the trans.

PS - - dont forget its a truck transmission
2007 Midnight Blue Redline
Manual Trans
Westers Race Tune
Hahn Intercooler
GMPP Catback Exhaust
ReBar
DDM Race Backbone Brace
JPM Shifter
Sprint Booster
K&N Filter
Stubby Antenna