Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Need install advice  (Read 1929 times)

Offline River City Sol

• Tech
Need install advice
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Just rec'd my Solo SQR2 dual center exit exhaust. For those who have done the install is it best to wait on the diffuser or go ahead and install without. Just wondering how much realignment will be needed after the diffuser arrives?
2007 Envious
Drilled & slotted Rotors
Razzi Spoiler
Solo SQR-2 Center Duals
ASAP Light Covers
Fujita CAI
B Cool Billet Grilles
Debadged

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
Re: Need install advice
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:17:20 PM »
Hello go ahead and do the install and enjoy the system, when your rear facia comes in there will be no issues with alignment. Save your rear plastic support and 4 10mm bolts as you will reuse the bolts. If you have the smooth then you can cut out the center of the support if you have the diffusser it will come with a couple of brackets all you need are 4 nuts and washers for the bolts that you will reuse on the four lower holes. Thanks Norm

Offline River City Sol

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:39:37 AM »
Thanks Norm, you should have my order already in your system. Its for my 2007 Green Envious, mine will be the finned style. Looked at these at the nationals and knew I had to do this. Can't wait and I will take your advice and continue on with the install hopefully this wk-end.
2007 Envious
Drilled & slotted Rotors
Razzi Spoiler
Solo SQR-2 Center Duals
ASAP Light Covers
Fujita CAI
B Cool Billet Grilles
Debadged

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
River City Sol, I installed my SQR2 system while waiting for my diffuser & it really doesn't look that bad. Mine was that way for a couple of months & I got no "ill" comments about there being no rear fascia. Go for it, you'll love the look of the SQR2 on the car even without the diffuser & when you get it you'll love it even more!
Realignment was minimal,
take your time installing it & you can align it pretty close without the diffuser, use the bolt hole in the black styrofoam bumper piece for centering it.