Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Image Dynamics customer support among other things  (Read 2720 times)

Offline old goat

• Master Tech
Image Dynamics customer support among other things
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »
I have written before about the Image Dynamics 6 1/2 component set of speakers in my car, several months now later I am still blown away by the sound. I have never heard anything that even comes close from a 6 1/2 in speaker, they are expensive $389 a pair and they need a lot of power, I am running them bi-amped with 4 channels driven at 150 each, no crossover straight off the amp. They sound fantastic and are loud as hell.

I had an issue with a driver not long after I got them, they sent me a new one, then the other side acted up, another new one ( I believe this may be due to water getting in the doors )they don't blink an eye. The replacement I just recieved did not last so long, they are super apologetic and explained they changed the company in China that assembles them. I have had a few issus's but it is how those are handled that seperates the men from the boys. I pound these speakers HARD all the time.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product.display&product_id=7174

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
Re: Image Dynamics customer support among other things
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »
Those are some badASS speakers. I remember hearing them on our way to and from WV. :thumbs:

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
ID is a great company. If I ever do a sound system again, I plan to use their stuff.
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline old goat

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »
I hope to swap out my sub to ID, but that will require som very creative sub box design. These 6 1/2's have more bass than the stock sub, they are pretty impressive. I wish there was an easy way to adapt them to the stock system be a nice simple upgrade.

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
I am thinking about upgrading my sound sytem too. Needing three drivers replaced in such a short time would make me a little nervous to shell out that kind of money.  How sure are you that it was water in the doors that caused them to go bad?
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline old goat

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
The first one I am pretty sure, it has been several months. The most recent was a manufcturer defect for sure, they told me they were working on it. They are not a huge company so they have them built to their spec. The sound is worth the hassles to me, with such a small vehicle these things just kick butt, the design is there outstanding feature, it is unfortunate they have had some manufacturing issue's but the way they have handled them has been fantastic. I talk to the same guy every time I call, he knows what I have in my car. I like dealing with the little guys personally. I have been sadly disappointed by most speakers I have bought in the past 10 years. I used to be a huge MB Quart fan but alas they have gone way down in quality.

I am running these with an active crossover set at 3000, and a 30 band parametric eq. but even before I eq'd them with the RTA they sounded great, not sure what they sound like if you use the included crossover but the reviews on DIY mobile are good. I got them by accident, I ordered a set of Cadence and they sold out and the replacement model was much more expensive and a 3 way system so they reccomended these instead at a discount.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:43:37 AM by old goat »

Offline old goat

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
OK well the good and the bad, like most their drivers are made in China. They have been having some issue's, it happens. I had another one go. I called they were as nice as can be and had the design engineer talk to me, he also ownes the company. He told me he will put my replacement on the bench and test it before he ships it. All companies have some problems, it is how they handle them that seperates the men from the boys. They have been very cool, and easy to deal with. I spoke with the designer for about an hour really cool guy, he is into racing as well. Has his personal Nissan Murano lined with sheets of lead for sound dampening, custom coilovers and and a tune from Nissan racing, he did some work for them. sounds like a cool truck.