Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Review: Keurig B60  (Read 1802 times)

lil goat

Review: Keurig B60
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
Ok I am a toatal gadget freak, and coffee drinker. I have used the Keurig pro "pod" coffee systems several times in the past couple of years, they even have one in the Pontiac dealer waiting room. I live alone and rarely finish a pot of coffee, 2 reasons it's just me and I usually drink coffee in the family room and the kitchen and pot is upstairs. I bought the Keurig to solve both issues. It makes 1 cup at a time, up to 9.5 oz's. I put it in the family room instead of the kitchen so easy to geta refill, it has a water tank I can fill from the sink in the bathroom. OK now for the review

Pro's: Great coffee, very easy to set up and use, no wasted coffee, inexpensive less than $.25 a cup. Makes Tea and Hot Chocolate too. There are hundreds of different types of coffee available.

Con's: It is a little big and has a stupid blue light that stays on all the time it is way to bright and serves no function I can see. Intial cost is a bit high.

I got mine from Green Moutain Coffee, If you sign up for there coffee club you get a 10% discount on the Keurig and the coffee and shipping is free.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:15:47 PM by lil goat »

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
Re: Review: Keurig B60
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the review. Looks good.  :thumbs:

Offline captain

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
My son gave me one for Christmas,have used it a lot and like the way it brews and the variety of flavors you can get.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
I had an amplified antenna for my TV that used one of those blue LEDs.   It too was way too bright, in fact you could easily see everything in the room when all the light were off.  There is an easy fix though I took a piece of black electrical tape and put it over the LED.
2007 Aggressive GXP

lil goat

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
the blue light is well worth it, this thing makes AWESOME coffee in 30 seconds, I did a bit of research before I picked the B60, seems people like it the best of the home models, I think mostly because it will make the taller cup of 9.5 oz's and has a 48 oz holding tank.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Jim,
If you got out of the basement more often, then perhaps you wouldn't live alone.

On second thought, stay in the basement  :lol:
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
according to some I live in a basement with the walls painted black and no windows, and I raise mushrooms for food.

Actually I don't have a basement, my kitchen is on the second floor.