Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: drivers side mirror  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
drivers side mirror
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »
My driver's side mirror doesn't work. Passenger side ok. Not sure if its the switch in the door or the parts in the mirror assy. Anyone take one apart before?
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: drivers side mirror
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
Critter it sounds like out friend GJ was trying to see what he looked like again and broke Helios mirror.

Helios you did flip the switch all the way to the left and not just to the middle positions didn't you?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:49:01 PM »
1- Have you disconnected the door panel for any reason?  Could be a loose connection
2- Check to see if your VDI hinge has pinched the harness from the door.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »

Helios you did flip the switch all the way to the left and not just to the middle positions didn't you?

Yes, flipped the switch to the left.

1- Have you disconnected the door panel for any reason?  Could be a loose connection
2- Check to see if your VDI hinge has pinched the harness from the door.

No. I haven't disconnected the door panel. I wonder if perhaps rain/ water might have made the switch go bad or corroded the contacts for left functionality? Possible, but unlikely, I know.
I gave a brief look to see if the hinge pinched the harness. I didn't see anything, but I need to take a more thorough look.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust