Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Finally wax just for Yellow cars  (Read 2630 times)

lil goat

Finally wax just for Yellow cars
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
I have seen tons of wax for dark colored cars now there is one for light colored cars, especially Yellow.
Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Car Wax

Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Wax breathes new life into warm colored vehicles with a blend of carnauba wax, yellow beeswax and banana oil. Banana Armour Hard Wax dries to a mirror-like, hard shine that repels the elements and looks great doing it.

Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Wax is made with a high percentage of carnauba to give it that hard, glassy finish. It only takes a little of this wax to shine and protect your entire vehicle. Expect fantastic water beading and great durability.

Use Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Wax on any warm colored vehicle to bring out the subtle hues and highlights. Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Wax glows on reds, yellows, oranges, and warm metallics.
Beautiful and functional, Dodo Juice Banana Armour Wax offers excellent protection to automotive paint. Dodo’s warm car wax repels UV rays, rain, and dirt.

Straight from the Dodo’s mouth:

We like bananas, because they probably grow on Mauritius. And let’s face it, dodos would have lasted a bit longer if they could have unzipped them with their beaks, then enjoyed them with rum and brown sugar on a barbecue.

Therefore, in tribute to the humble banana, we have named our hard wax for warm coloured cars ‘banana armour’. It also sounds like an 80s girl band, but that’s only if you’re old enough to remember.

Following on with the warm theme, we have used some Yellow Beeswax in this recipe and, er, made it yellow and bananary. Bananary isn’t a word, by the way. I just made it up.

Use it on all warm coloured cars, including metallics and pearlescents. Yellows, oranges, reds, that kind of thing.

8 oz. $69.99  :gaah: :dancing:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:21:03 AM by lil goat »

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Finally wax just for Yellow cars
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »
Just don't park near any flowers this spring!
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline mojowrkn

• Founding Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
For $70, I assume that it comes with someone to do the wax job for you?  :huh:
2007 Solstice GXP

"the blues is the roots, everything else is the fruits"
                                                     -Willie Dixon

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »
So when are you gonna buy some to try it out.  I know you're against reviewing "chemicals" in your little corner of the forum, but I'll let you slide over here.  :thumbs:

lil goat

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
I have seen how well the dark color wax's work on dark cars (Natty's Blue), I was mostly amused by this wax, and the rather unconventional name. It has gotten great reviews on the Autogeek forum, but Daahammn it is expensive.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:17:06 AM by lil goat »

Offline Morfious

• SMMM 7 Cup Stacking Champion
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Tryin' to keep the rubber side down since age 2
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:21:19 AM »
Hey goat I'll split it with you.  $35 for 4 oz seems a bit more reasonable for some reason.  I can tell you that I am quite pleased with how the Natty's red looks on our cars over a coat of sealant. Ohh and it's only $22 for an 8 oz jar.
Mean GXP Delivered 1/30/2007 $MSRP +$2K
Mods:
Pioneer AVIC D3 Nav System
Solo-Performance Street Race exhaust
Debadged
JPM interior (Doors, steering wheel, shifter, console now with 100% more Chuck Norris)
Custom dash and Flush mounted Valentine 1 Radar Detector
O.Z. Ultraleggera wheels with Dunlop DZ101
DDM Works (Big Brake Kit, backbone, intercooler, valve and coil cover)
GXP ZOK Rear sway bar

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:06 AM »
That might be a good idea, I am kind of curious about the stuff, I have serious doubts it is any better than Natty's Red but you never know, there has to be a reason people pay the money for it. It is in the same price range as some of the other "elite" waxes. I find it intersting they reccemend applying it with your bare hands. I have seen detailer on TV do that, seems it would make your hands shiny and waterproof?

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »
I have actually done that before with EX-P, followed by Natty's Blue.  I had dreams about "Big League Chew" all night....